Chapter 6

Shadowwing shuddered awake to the sound of patrols starting. I don't know what just happened, but I think that was some useful information, she told herself. She yawned and found Ravenfeather standing in front of her. Ravenfeather rolled her eyes, "Come on Shadowwing! We're all waiting for you to wake up!" "Oh, sorry," she replied groggily. She stood up and followed Ravenfeather for border patrol. She was leaving her scent on a stretch of grass when she heard Owlwhisker growl. She turned around and saw Owlwhisker flattening his ears and hissing at a cat who appeared to be a loner. The loner saw this as nothing and parted his way between the three other cats in the patrol. He snatched Shadowwing and took off towards the Highstones, but she was jerked into a vision as they were crossing the river.

"Shadowwing? Wake up." She lifted her head in surprise. "Where am I? Am I having a vision again?" The cat sighed, "No, you are not." "Oh good." Shadowwing looked around, "Then, where am I?" The tom sighed again, "You're in StarClan of course, and you're not dead." "They, why am I here?" "You are here because we want you to see what's happening to the other clans as well." Shadowwing felt her heart skip a beat, Could the same thing be happening to the other clans as well? She shuddered, she couldn't bear to stand the thought. The tom interrupted her thoughts, "Well? Are you done thinking?" Shadowwing took a deep breath, "Yes." She saw, two other cats being dragged down to Highstones, and she gasped, "That's what was happening to me before I got here!" "I'm afraid it's time for you to go." The tom said. "What?!" The tom faded away, and she returned.

She awoke once again, and this time, she was lying on the ground with two other cats, whom she recognized as Redpaw and Honeyfern from their meeting. They both lifted their heads groggily, looking around. Honeyfern gasped, "Shadowwing? Redpaw? What are you two doing here?" "What are you two doing here?" Redpaw asked. Shadowwing said, "I have a better question, what are we even doing here?" Redpaw shrugged, "I don't know. The last thing I know is that I was being dragged here." "Me too!" Honeyfern said. "So was I!" Shadowwing added. "Why are we being brought together?" Shadowwing asked. Redpaw shrugged again, "Maybe we're special!" Honeyfern and Shadowwing both raised an eyebrow, "Really?" Honeyfern said sarcastically. "What? It could be true!" Suddenly, a dark figure slapped its tail over Redpaw's mouth, muffling his voice. Then, two other figures put their tails over both Shadowwing and Honeyfern's muzzle. Panic filled Shadowwing, No! This can't be happening again! She tried desperately to fight her attacker off, but he was too heavy. Shadowwing struggled helplessly as she was dragged off.