Chapter 7

Redpaw struggled under the cat's pressure. The she-cat started to walk towards a cave. What was going to happen to him next? Maybe the she-cat would make that cave his prison, or worse. The she-cat flung him inside, keeping watch over him. It was empty except for an uncomfortable nest. Redpaw sighed, At least it's better than nothing. He cautiously sat down and winced. There was a long, sharp thorn in the nest. He found a comfy place in the nest and drifted to sleep.

When Redpaw opened his eyes again, he was standing on a hill. "Where am I?"  "StarClan's hunting grounds." A voice behind him said. Redpaw yelped. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I scare you?" the voice said. "Scare me? You nearly killed me scaring me like that!" Redpaw yelled. "Wow, I never knew that living cats were so easy to scare!" the voice continued. "Okay, who are you?" "Isn't it obvious? I'm a StarClan cat!" "No, I meant, like, what's your name?" Redpaw asked. "Oh! My name's Harefoot." "I'm Redpaw. Nice to meet you." "Okay? Hi Redpaw." "Yes. Good. So, why am I here?" "The same thing that's happening to your clanmates." "Wait. The same thing that's happening to me, is happening to them?" Redpaw said, interrupting Harefoot. "What? No!" Redpaw sighed, "Ok, this is confusing." Harefoot scoffed, "No it isn't!" Redpaw gave in, "Ok, fine!" Harefoot huffed, "Good choice. Now come on." Redpaw followed Harefoot to the edge of a cliff. There was a scene when he looked down, instead of a deadly drop. "What is this?" Redpaw breathed. Harefoot said proudly, "This is what we see in StarClan." "Wow," Redpaw said in awe. As he started to walk towards the edge, Harefoot stopped Redpaw with his tail. "Don't go there," Harefoot warned. Redpaw quickly stepped back. He then looked down. Redpaw saw his clanmates struggling against other cats. He gasped, "What's happening to them?" Harefoot looked solemnly, "They're fighting." "But why?" Redpaw pressed. "You have to get back to them to find out." Harefoot started to fade away. Redpaw sighed. 

Redpaw woke up, unsurprised that he had had another vision. Now, he had to figure out a way to get out of here. The she-cat was still standing guard outside, so he had to go another way. He had thought about tunneling, but he shuddered at the thought of going into a deep, dark, squished space. He was about to give up, when he saw a mouse sliding out into the open, in front of the she-cat. She pawed at it cautiously, looking suspiciously at the mouse. Finally, the she-cat ate it. The mouse fell apart, revealing small black seeds, poppy seeds, Redpaw assumed. The she-cat finally realized, and she fell to the ground, asleep. This is my chance! Redpaw thought. He swiftly ran from the cave into the wild. Redpaw sighed in relief. He was back home.