Chapter 9

Shadowwing woke up confused. She looked around at her surroundings, and the memories flooded back. She sat up quickly and looked outside. A guard was standing there. Shadowwing groaned inwardly. Shadowwing paced around, thinking about how to get out of the cave. Then, suddenly, a mouse slid out onto the clearing and in front of the guard's paws. The she-cat carefully sniffed at it and ate it. She fell to the ground, asleep. Shadowwing was shocked and confused. Where had that mouse come from? She decided that she should run. She looked around, and no one was there, so she ran into the bushes and to camp.

Shadowwing stopped to take a breath. How much farther is camp? Shadowwing said to herself. Suddenly, she was standing on the edge of her territory. "How did I get here?" Shadowwing muttered to herself. A cat suddenly jumped at her, pinning her down. "Wait!" Shadowwing yelled. "It's me! Shadowwing!" Her attacker loosened their grip, and let her go, "Shadowwing?" the cat asked. Shadowwing gasped, "Stormfeather? What are you doing here? I thought you left ShadeClan to be a loner!" "Well, I decided to check in on ShadeClan and bumped into you!" Stormfeather explained. "What a coincidence." Shadowwing sighed, "I haven't seen you in forever!" "Do you want me to escort you back to camp?" "I can get back there perfectly fine." Shadowwing snapped. "Ok, ok, calm down," Stormfeather told her. Shadowwing rolled her eyes. They walked together to the gorse barrier. "Shadowwing?" a cat said. "Bristletail?" They nuzzled each other affectionately. "I thought I would never see you again! Owlsplash was so worried!" "I'm glad I'm back, and I brought back Stormfeather too." Everyone gasped, and ripples of murmurs spread across her clanmates, "Stormfeather is back?" Stormfeather nervously broke in front of the crowd of cats. "Um, hello!" Stormfeather said awkwardly. Suddenly, Flowerpelt came rushing through, "Stormfeather? Is that you?" Stormfeather's eyes filled with tears, "Flowerpelt?" They walked to the fresh-kill pile together and started talking. Shadowwing sighed happily. She was back in ShadeClan with her clanmates, and she wasn't complaining. But, how did I get here?