Chapter 15: Olegie: Let's talk

We haven't had an olegie chapter in a while and i realized that when I was rereading through the story. I also realized that the story is shit so I am sorry and I will make it better.
_________________________________
15 minutes ago

Oli POV:
After that encounter with Regie I was left clueless. Really clueless. Not only about us almost kissing but also the fact that we never truly apologized to one another or talk out what was happening in general. So like the smart person I am😌. I decided to drag him into our room, that we now share again, and have a talk with him.

Present
Still Oli POV:
This is really awkward. We have not said anything for the past 15 minutes that we've been in here. What do I say.

Reg: Um if you don't have anything to say.. I'll just...take my leave then..

I saw him get up and start walking towards the door.

Oli: Wait!

He looked back in confusion,

Reg: Yeah?

Oli: Sit please...I think I'm ready to talk now.

Reg: Ok....

He sat back down on the bed again and I took a moment to collect myself.

Oli: I know that I have already apologized and you have already apologized but I want to talk through what has been happening between us because I feel like if we don't we just won't be the same and I don't want us to like be awkward or anything and I also just want to clear some doubts I have and I want some questions answered. So...um.....can we please just talk it out clearly?

He looked up at me and with a slight smile nodded his head,

Reg: Yes, of course we can.

Oli: Ok let's just start from the very beginning, um I'll start...

I was looking at the ground and when I raised my head he had his eyes locked on me and showed me that I had his full attention and that he was ready for everything that I was about to say.

Oli: So um...first off I'm sorry for the way that I handled the situation. The moment that I saw you with the notebook that I wrote about you in, I panicked and I didn't know how to handle it. I was really scared that you read the page and found out that I...I like you and you would think that it's gross and freak out. I didn't let you explain and I yelled at you out of fear and anger. I should have let you explain and taken it from there but instead I kicked you out, and for that I am sorry.

I let it all out. I expressed my true feelings with him and it felt great. It felt like a giant boulder was lifted off my back. However, I was still scared for his response.

Reg: Wow ok um...I um also want to..um apologize,

He sat silent for a moment before taking a deep breath and speaking again,

Reg: I also want to apologize for what I did. It was never right of me to go through your stuff and especially read through it. At first, I thought that they were songs you were writing, but the more I saw you get up, in the middle of the night, the more I grew curious to know if those were songs or not, and if they were who were they about? So I went through your stuff and I went somewhere secluded to read it. It felt wrong, I KNEW it was wrong but I couldn't help it. When I got to the page and I read it, I didn't know how to feel I felt happy and I felt sad that I put you through all that. But I was happy that you liked me. When you caught me with the notebook I got scared and I didn't know what to do. And when you started freaking out, all I wanted to say was that I liked you back. I wanted to explain to you and let you know that I felt the same way about you. But you kicked me out. And I am not putting the fault on you I take full responsibility for what I did. I know what I did was wrong and I am sincerely sorry.

Hearing his words put me at peace. The part where he said that he liked me back was music to my ears. It felt like a dream. I mean my dream came true and it just didn't feel real. I was beyond happy.

Oli: Wait...you like me...?

Regie looked down,

Reg: Yeah..

I wanted to jump into his arms and kiss him right there but I knew I couldn't...not yet. There was more that we needed to talk about.

Oli: Then...why were you with that girl at the mall?

Reg: Oh her? She is an old friend, my best friend since forever. I was telling her about our situation and I was asking for advice on what I should do.

Oli:Oh...

Reg: Right, about what happened at the mall. I wanna go first on this one.

I nodded to signal to him that I was ready to listen.

Reg: So as I already told you she is my friend and I had called her while I was in my car. I called her crying and told her if we could meet up because I had some stuff that I was going through and I needed support and advice. Well, as it turns out she was actually about to go out with her boyfriend on a date so that is why she was all dressed up, and the reason she left immediately was, not because she likes me, but because I was always there for her at her lowest and she was always there for me at my lowest. We treat each other like siblings because of what we went through together and we swore to each other that we would always be there and help whenever we desperately needed it. So we went to the mall mainly because she wanted to take the opportunity to buy something for her boyfriend.

He looked up at me to make sure that I was getting all of this and paused so that I could take it all in. I nodded.

Reg: Right so when you showed up I was shocked because I wasn't expecting to see you. I was about  to say something when you started yelling at me. I wanted to explain everything but I got frustrated, I got anxiety from the whole situation that I just blacked and started shouting back. I just want to say that I totally deserved the beating and that everything I said wasn't true. I like that you care about me, in fact I want you to care about me. Also about the thing that I said before you blacked out...

I immediately looked up again curious as to what Regie had told me that night. I looked straight at him wanting to hear what he said.

Reg: I said...

***FLASHBACK***

Reg: YOU KNOW WHAT! FUCK ALL YALL AND FUCK THIS. AND OLI...I NEVER KNEW WHY IT HAD TO BE YOU THE ONE THAT I LIKE. I JUST WANT IT TO STOP YOU NEVER LET ME EXPLAIN RIGHT WHEN I'M ABOUT TO TELL YOU HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOU...NEVER.

I broke down crying in Harley's arms.

***END OF FLASHBACK***
(Let's pretend he already said it again)

Reg: That's what I said. I realized that you blacked out soon after that and I felt an immense amount of pain because I knew that it would just continue, the fighting.

Oli: Oh. Ok um I'll go now...

_________________________________
Words 1,386

OOOO THEIR LOVE STORY CANT PLAY OUT YETT. I literally am writing this so late at night and I am tired. I felt like the story beforehand just doesn't make that much sense so I wanted to rewrite the story without having to actually rewrite the story. This took me a crazy amount of time but I really hope you enjoy this. I am trying really hard to make this as good as possible. Ok bye bye 👋🫶🏽.