Chapter Three: Enemies - Mackenzie's POV

Mackenzie hurried out of his house. "Shoot! I'm going to be late! Again!", Mackenzie exclaimed worriedly and proceeded to run to school as if he were in a marathon.

After ten minutes of running with no stops, he finally arrived at school grounds. Mackenzie stopped abruptly, putting his hands on his knees, gasping for breath. "I am never going to do that again.", he laughed. He looked around after he had caught his breath and returned to normal, trying to spot his friends, but to no avail. He sighed and started to walk to his first period when he felt two paws grab onto his shoulders from behind. He jumped, startled from the sudden contact.

"Surprise!!", the person excitedly yelled.

He recognized that beautiful, sweet, ever so comforting voice. (Well, comforting when it wasn't yelling.) Bluey., he thought. Mackenzie smiled happily before turning around to see the dog who the beautiful voice had come from.

"Hey Kenzie!", Bluey happily greeted her friend.

Mackenzie's breath caught in his throat. Not the nickname..., he thought. Keep it together, mate., he told himself, then forced himself to get back into his regular mindset, free of any romantic feelings. (Well, most of them, anyways.)

"I thought I told you not to call me that!", Mackenzie laughed happily.

"I know, but it's cute!", Bluey protested, smiling.

Mackenzie felt the butterflies coming and the blush creeping up on his cheeks. Cute., he thought. What am I thinking? No, stop!, Mackenzie scolded himself. He forced down those pesky butterflies.

"But I hate it!", Mackenzie responded. BIG lie., he thought to himself.

"Ok, fine then.", Bluey sighed, defeated.

"Thanks, Blu. I appreciate it.", he thanked her, smiling softly.

"Hypocrite.", Bluey rolled her eyes.

"Ok, sorry.", Mackenzie laughed heartily.

"If you keep calling me 'Blu', then I'll keep calling you 'Kenzie'.", Bluey explained.

Just then, a navy blue lab walked up to the duo.

"Bonjour, Blu!", the lab spoke.

Mackenzie internally groaned. It's the sort-of new kid from Canada that supposedly knew Bluey from ten years ago when they met while camping., he thought, annoyed.

Jean- Luc had learned English so that the next time he had seen her, he could be able to understand what she was saying and so that she could understand what he was saying. He still added a little French in each of his sentences, however, because it made people more aware that he was French-Canadian. Also because it made it sound beautiful because he had kept some of his language.

Mackenzie snapped back to reality. Blu?, Mackenzie thought. She hates that nickname!, he smirked in victory. He has no idea what's coming.

"Hey Jean-Luc!", Bluey responded, turning towards him and smiling.

"But... you hate that nickname!", Mackenzie reasoned with Bluey.

"You do? I'll call you Belle, then.", Jean-Luc flirted.

"'Bluey' is fine.", Mackenzie glared at Jean-Luc.

Bluey could sense the tension between the two. "Guys, it's really fine!", she nervously laughed.

The boys continued to glare at each other.

"Um... I'm just gonna... get to class now.", Bluey nervously informed the two.

Mackenzie was the first to look away from the staring contest. "Ok, bye!", Mackenzie hugged Bluey before she left to make sure Jean-Luc knew that he wasn't going to give her up anytime soon.

"Alright, bye!", Bluey hurriedly left the scene.

Once Bluey was gone, Jean-Luc dropped the "nice" act. "Alright let's set things straight. Bluey est à moi.", Jean-Luc stated.

"Dude I don't even understand what you just said.", Mackenzie sassed.

"Ugh. Stupid New Zealanders, never understanding. And also, that meant 'Bluey is mine', by the way.", Jean-Luc rolled his eyes.

"First of all, we like to be called 'Kiwis', and two, we're actually pretty smart. Also, um, no! Bluey isn't anyone's. She's not property or something!", Mackenzie defended. "Honestly! Respect the ladies! Nobody ever does!", he rolled his eyes.

Jean-Luc rolled his eyes in return and walked away. "Don't get on my bad side.", he growled.

"Oh? And what's gonna happen if I do?", Mackenzie mocked.

Jean-Luc just glared once again.

Once he was gone, Mackenzie took a sigh of relief. "I can't let Bluey end up with that devil.", Mackenzie whispered to himself and walked to class.

——————————————————————

For all of y'all who are actually from New Zealand, please tell me if I'm offending any of y'all. I sincerely don't want to be rude, so I'll fix it if y'all tell me. Thank you so much for reading and I'm sorry if anything offended y'all. It would be nice if y'all could help me learn what I did wrong. (This also goes for literally anyone else other than ppl from New Zealand.) Thank you so much!! Love all y'all! 💗💗