Chapter Six: Too Much French - Bluey's POV

Bluey walked into her first period and went straight to her seat, right next to Jean-Luc.

"Bonjour Bluey!", Jean-Luc greeted her, smiling, as she sat down in her chair.

"Good morning!", Bluey smiled in return.

I don't know why Mackenzie doesn't like him. He's literally so nice., Bluey thought to herself, then looked over at Jean-Luc, who smiled at her.

"Êtes-vous prêt pour le cours? I'm definitely not.", Jean-Luc asked, and laughed.

Bluey cocked her head to the side quizzically. "Sorry, what?", she asked, clearly confused. "I don't know much French.", she laughed.

Jean-Luc blushed, embarrassed. "Yeah, sorry.", he laughed nervously. "It means, 'Are you ready for class?'.", he explained, embarrassed.

"Ohhhh! Ok, yeah I didn't know, sorry!", Bluey laughed again. Maybe Mackenzie is a littleee right. Jean-Luc is confusing sometimes., she thought to herself.

Then the bell rang, and Bluey watched as Mackenzie barely made it in. She saw the teacher turn to him and scold him for almost being late.

"Next time, come before the bell, not after it.", their teacher explained, clearly annoyed.

Mackenzie rolled his eyes, but (fortunately) the teacher didn't see. "Yes sir.", the collie responded, and started to walk, but stopped, because he was looking for a seat.

Bluey noticed, and felt a little bad for him. She almost offered the seat next to her, but then class started, and she had to actually pay attention. Then suddenly...

"Mind if I sit here?", Mackenzie asked Bluey, cocking his head to the side. He was pointing at the desk right beside hers.

Bluey smiled. "Sure!", she responded sweetly.

At the same time as she had said yes, Jean-Luc exclaimed, "Non!" very quickly.

Both Bluey and Mackenzie turned their heads to Jean-Luc, evidently confused by the looks on their faces.

"Um... what?", Bluey asked, very confused.

"Oh... uhhh... nothing!", Jean-Luc nervously explained to Bluey.

Bluey simply shrugged and then turned her attention to the lesson.

——————————————————————

It actually hurt to write this chap bc of all the Jeanly and no Blukenzie except for the tiniest bit 😭😭

Anywayssss... love y'all! Thanks for reading my book 💕💕