Chapter Seven: Realization - Mackenzie's POV

Mackenzie sat down in the seat right next to Bluey's and turned his attention to the lesson. He saw Jean-Luc's head turned his way from the corner of his eye.

The heck??, Mackenzie thought. He turned his head to glance at Jean-Luc, only to find out he was glaring at him. Mackenzie rolled his eyes and turned back to face the board.

Later, after class had ended, Mackenzie left the classroom and waited for Lucky in the hallway. (They always met up to walk to their next class together.)

Mackenzie saw the figure of a lab walking towards him and immediately got up from leaning on the wall. He started to walk towards the figure, but to his surprise, it wasn't Lucky.

What the heck is he doing??, Mackenzie wondered, almost sure that his face showed disgust.

"Bonjour!", Jean-Luc greeted oddly nicely.

Mackenzie was not going to fall for this. "Just drop the act, mate. Bluey isn't here.", he glared and rolled his eyes.

Jean-Luc rolled his eyes in return. "Éloignez-vous de Bluey. Or else.", Jean-Luc glared.

Mackenzie was tired of all of this stupid French nonsense. "Mate, nobody can actually understand you. Just use English. Aren't you tired of having to repeatedly explain yourself??", Mackenzie reasoned, fed up.

Jean-Luc thought about it for a little. "You're right. Then I can get Bluey to fall for me faster.", Jean-Luc smirked.

"Bluey can do whatever she wants. It's her choice. Don't force her to do anything. Please. She has her own feelings.", Mackenzie pleaded.

Jean-Luc's eyes widened. "You really care about her, don't you?", he asked.

Mackenzie thought about it for a little while. "Yeah. I really do.", he responded, smiling.

"Well too bad, because she will be mine, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.", Jean-Luc smirked evilly.

(Ik this is real cringe jus go along w/ it plz 💀)

Mackenzie's expression became confused.

"Did you actually think I care??", Jean-Luc laughed. "I really don't. And once she is mine, you can't do anything to get her back. I'll prove to her that you are a horrible person. I'll make her regret ever being friends with you. I'll make sure that she hates you with all her being, so that you'll never have even a chance with her.", Jean-Luc smirked once again.

Mackenzie stood there, stunned.

"Now if you excuse me, I need to go make Bluey fall in love with me.", Jean-Luc said, smirking, as he walked away.

Mackenzie's confused look morphed into an infuriated one as he watched Jean-Luc walk away.

Lucky walked up to Mackenzie and saw his expression. "You good, mate?", he asked worriedly.

Mackenzie turned to Lucky, his expression fading away. "No. I'm not. And Bluey really is in danger.", Mackenzie explained, sincerely worried about Bluey.

"Yeah. I saw what happened back there. You really care about her, don't you?", Lucky asked his best mate.

Mackenzie thought for a little. "Yeah. I guess I do.", Mackenzie reasoned.

Lucky smirked. "Enough for you to love her?", Lucky teased, but was serious about what he was saying.

Mackenzie thought again for a little. "I think you might be right. I might actually love her.", Mackenzie stated, but it sounded more like he was unsure.

Lucky was in shock. He didn't actually expect Mackenzie to say yes. "Wait, actually??", Lucky asked Mackenzie.

"Yeah. I think I'm in love with her. I mean, It's been, what? Nine years? It's definitely love.", Mackenzie reasoned, a bit to Lucky, and a bit to himself.

Lucky smiled. "Awwww! My little puppy has grown up!", he said in a mock baby voice.

Mackenzie smiled and laughed. "Well, guess we need to go to class now, right?", Mackenzie asked.

Lucky had almost forgotten. "Oh, yeah! I almost forgot!", he laughed.

Then, the both of them walked to their second period.

——————————————————————

AYYYY NO MORE DENIAL FOR KENZIEEEE!! LETS LITERALLY GOOO 🥳🥳

Lol but anywayssss, thanks for reading! Love y'all!! ♥️