Chapter Four: Phone Call - Bluey's POV

Bluey stared at her ceiling as she lay on her bed. Her mind was racing and she was very confused. There were a million questions going through her head, but the main one was...

Why did Mackenzie and Jean-Luc act like that?, Bluey wondered. Maybe they were enemies or something before Jean-Luc moved here a month ago?

"I should ask Chloe. She would know.", Bluey reasoned. She reached over to her nightstand and picked up her phone. She sat up and clicked on the icon for the messages app, then Chloe's contact. The profile picture was of Chloe and herself at Bluey's house sitting on the bench under her Royal Poinciana tree. They were both wearing sunglasses and pretending they were celebrities with their poses.

Bluey smiled at the memory of that day. She typed in a message to her best friend. It read, "HELP" with a sobbing emoji at the end of it.

Chloe's reply came not even a second later. "WHATS WRONG ARE U DYING" with three red question mark emojis after the message.

Bluey laughed at Chloe's message and typed up another message quickly. Not because she was stressed or anything, but because she was just a fast typer.

"NO IM NOT", she sent with a laughing emoji.

"THEN WHY ARE YOU TEXTING ME I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO EAT", with an angry face was what she got in return.

"THEN EAT WHILE UR TEXTING ME", with three white exclamation marks was what she replied after she had laughed at Chloe's message.

Chloe loved food. Probably more than she loved anything in the universe.

"Oh wait that's actually a good idea lol", sent Chloe, with a laughing emoji.

Bluey smiled and rolled her eyes, typing up a response. "Chloe u are something else...", she added an emoji that was rolling it's eyes, just like she was doing.

Apparently Chloe took that as a compliment, though, because her response was, "Awwwww thx! Also what did u need help with anyways" along with a suspicious emoji.

Bluey rolled her eyes and laughed. "Oh I was just kinda freaking out yk", with a simple smiling face was what she replied.

"OVER WHAT GIRLY IMMA NEED SOME CLARIFICATION", with a sobbing emoji is what she got back from her best friend.

She responded with two laughing emojis. "Well there's Jean-Luc Yk?",she also added.

Bluey didn't even have to wait one millisecond after she sent her message before Chloe's came through. "Ohhhh nahhhh not that dude I already told u I ship Blukenzie", and she had put one heart with sparkles on either side of the word "Blukenzie".

Bluey read the message and immediately rolled her eyes. "That's not what this is about", with an eye rolling emoji. "It's kinda hard to explain over text", she added.

"Oh lucky you! There's a thing called Phone Calls", with a sparkle emoji on either side of the words "Phone Call", was what Chloe responded with. She also added, "U should rlly try it it's this cool invention".

Bluey rolled her eyes for probably the fourth time in a row. She sent exactly the emoji of the action she had just did.

"I'm just gonna call u", Chloe texted.

"K", Bluey replied.

Bluey's phone started ringing with Chloe's profile picture on her screen. She smiled and answered the FaceTime call.

"Hey Chlo!", Bluey happily greeted her best friend.

"Hey, so, let's cut to the chase. Why did you need me?", Chloe asked, she looked a bit annoyed.

"Um... I was gonna tell you... are you mad at me?", Bluey asked, a bit worried.

"Well... you did interrupt my eating, but no. It's my little brother, Max.", Chloe explained.

Bluey laughed. "Oh, okay.", she said, relieved.

"Hold on, let me go to my room. Then I can talk to you.", Chloe stated.

Bluey could see her walking to her room through the screen, and once she got there, she shut the door.

"Alright, what is it?", Chloe asked as she laid on her stomach on her bed, placing her phone in front of her. She rested her head on her paws.

"Ok, so Mackenzie and Jean-Luc were acting kind of weird around me with each other earlier today...", Bluey explained.

Chloe nodded. "Ok, and how?", she inquired.

"Well, Mackenzie was normal, but then Jean-Luc came up and said something in French... I think it was 'Belle'? Yea. He called me that... but then-", Bluey rambled, but was cut off by Chloe.

"Woah, woah, woah. Did you say he called you 'Belle'??", Chloe asked, suddenly way more invested in the conversation.

Bluey was confused as to why it mattered, but answered nonetheless. "Yes... why does that matter?".

Chloe smacked her forehead. "BLUEY.", she said. "'Belle' MEANS BEAUTIFUL!", she whisper-yelled.

Bluey stayed silent for a while. "Oh.", she finally said after thirty seconds of processing what her friend had just said. "But that still doesn't explain why Mackenzie got mad at Jean-Luc when he said that. He said that Jean-Luc should just call me my name.".

"UGHHHH!!!", Chloe groaned. "Bluey... how can you not see that Mackenzie loves you???", she complained.

Bluey rolled her eyes. "He does not.", she argued. "Besides,", she blushed as she said it, "I like Jean-Luc.".

"Dude why?? I love Blukenzie though!", Chloe responded.

"Well too bad.", Bluey said.

A faint voice called Chloe's name. "Ok, I have to go. Love you bestie! Byeee!", she smiled.

Bluey smiled in return. "Yep, bye! Love you bestieee!", Bluey responded.

Chloe ended the call, but not before waving goodbye to her best friend.

Bluey put her phone back down and sighed. "Chloe's wrong. Mackenzie doesn't like me. She's crazy.", she reasoned.

Or was she?