19th Beat: Breaking Free

It’s been quite a while since Rhoyce has undergone a major heartache. Despite all that, she kept the sadness and acted strong. She focused on working for MBN-27’s big anniversary project and also directing some  MVs (music videos) and CFs (commercial films). Sometimes, she acts as assistant director for Dylan’s  series, a Knight in Disguise (AKID).Through that, she was able to develop a tighter bond with him.

                That morning, the head director of AKID called her up, saying she will be the head director for that day. The head director was severely sick. Left without a choice, Rhoyce proceeded to the set of the series. She found the staff there, preparing for the shooting.

“Good morning, Ms. Park.” The cameraman happily greeted her. She bowed to him as a respect. The cameraman seems relieved that Rhoyce agreed to be the director for the day. She gave him some reminders and instructions. As she was doing that, Dylan arrived. He saw how Rhoyce prepared in shooting the episodes. After Rhoyce and the cameraman finished talking, Dylan approached her.

“Hi, there, Director Park!” he joked her by emphasizing the word “director”.

                Rhoyce smiled shyly. Later on, they started shooting the scenes. Dylan easily memorized his script and the shooting was going on smoothly. Rhoyce was serious while watching the screen. She seems quite pleased with the results of the project.  During one of the scenes, she noticed that Dylan’s necktie doesn’t register well on the screen. It looks shabby. She paused for a while to fix his tie.

“Thank you,” Dylan smilingly said while looking at Rhoyce.

“It’s nothing. You have to look very good for this scene.” She smiled at him.

“I remember you, doing this to me…on our concert, right?” Dylan looked directly at Rhoyce then he whisphered, “You’re my backstage angel before, now you’re my behind-the-scenes angel  too.” He winked.

                Rhoyce froze for a while. So, he still remembers  that incident? Well, it’s also remarkable for her. Not only because he called her “backstage angel” but also because she was bullied by thousands of 3D fans online because of that.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

                Drake was playing his guitar at their practice studio. He was preparing for an acoustic performance for an event. Later on, David arrived.

“Come on,  hyung! Let’s visit Dylan hyung on the set of his drama.” David said.

                Drake stopped strumming his guitar and looked at David.

“Huh? What has gotten into you that you suddenly want to give moral support to Dylan?” Drake joked.

“Nothing. I just wanna see how serious he is in acting. His drama is very popular nowadays.” David said, smilingly. Drake nodded. The two boys texted their manager, saying they’ll visit Dylan.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

                It’s 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Almost all the scenes for that episode were finished already. Rhoyce was reviewing the videos when Dylan sat beside her, carrying a cup of mocha frappe.

“For the most hardworking editor and director,” he jokingly said as he gave the cup to Rhoyce.

“Thanks.” She smiled and accepted the coffee. She sipped it while reviewing the scenes. Dylan was looking at her. Suddenly, the scene she was viewing was the break –up scene with one of the characters. She looked sad. Dylan noticed it.

“Remembered HIM?” Dylan asked sincerely.

                RHoyce looked at Dylan. Yes. She remembered Rhenzkie Hwang. She nodded.

“I’m sorry. I know I was one of the reasons why you, two, broke up.” Dylan said as he took a deep breath.

“No. It’s not your fault. After months of not being together, maybe, we didn’t notice it but we’ve grown apart from each other. Maybe we can’t really patch things up…so we’re torn apart.” Rhoyce sadly said as she looked down at her fingers. Dylan didn’t say anything. He just stroke her hair.  They didn’t notice that David and Drake had just arrived and witnessed it. The two boys looked at each other.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

“Thanks for coming, guys!” Dylan merrily greeted David and Drake as they shared a high five (uphere/appear).

“We wanna see how well you act.” Drake jokingly said.

“Well, it seems you really enjoy shooting for your drama. Do we smell romance here or what?” David teasingly said.

                Dylan was confused. What is David talking about? Are there rumors about him and his onscreen partner? He isn’t aware of that.

“Whatever you think, my onscreen partner and I are just friends.” He said.

                David laughed before speaking again.

“I’m not talking about your screen partner.” David said and fixed his gaze (look) at Rhoyce who was some meters away from them. She was busy evaluating the scenes with the cameraman. Drake and Dylan also looked at her.

“Ah! I got it!” Drake flinched his fingers as a sign that he got what David was talking about.

“What?! What are you trying to point out?” Dylan was acting innocent though he already got what the maknae was implying. David is talking about Rhoyce.

“Come on, hyung! Spill the beans! (say something). Are you dating Miss Park?” David bluntly said.

“No.” he smiled.

“But there’s something different on the way you look at her. We saw you!” Drake added.

                Dylan just smiled. Nowadays, it’s undeniable that Rhoyce Park is making her happy.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

                After the shooting was packed up, Dylan approached Rhoyce.

“Rhoyce, can I send you home?” Dylan invited.

                She was speechless. Hmmm…why not?

“OK.” She nodded.

                Drake and David went home earlier so Dylan was left alone. He and Rhoyce rode his car. Rhoyce was surprised when he stopped by at a cafe. He left her for a while and went inside it. When he went out, he was carrying a bag of cookies and two cups of caramel macchiato.

“I didn’t invite you inside. Many fans are there. I don’t want any commotions again.” He said as he handed her some cookies and the cup of coffee.

                She was touched. He was concerned about her. Maybe he still remembers how fans bullied her when she was spotted at the backstage vid of the concert, fixing his necktie.

                Awkward silence filled the air as they stopped at a park. They didn’t get outside because there were many people. They just stayed at Dylan’s car. Suddenly, Dylan looked straight into Rhoyce’s eyes and held her hand.

“Rhoyce, I know Rhenzkie thought you cheated on him coz of me… I am really sorry. But…can you give me a chance to be your knight?” he sincerely said.

                Rhoyce didn’t know what to say….then, Dylan hugged her. She hugged him back.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

                O-ow! It seems that the backstage angel will become the Knight’s (Dylan) princess?! Hmm.. have the 3D boys found the love and music of their heart? Find out! ^^