. 4

"You people should calm down and help me choose nau." I stomped my feet facing the idiots i call friends-khaidat and basma.

Yaya sa'ad is taking me out today, he'll almost be here. We're still trying to decide what ill wear via facetime.

"Arwa dont stress yourself. You'll look good in anything you wear." Khairat cooed.

"Just wear pant and bra. You'll look good in it too." Of course basma. The stupid one.

"Basma if i slap you. Stupid girl." We all laughed.

I later decided on an ash abaya with silver workings. It was a gift from aunty hamida, mama's younger sister. I made a turban with the veil and a long dangling silver necklace with silver accessories.

"Yarinya meh hips." That was khairat. I held my waist and moved left and right, which made them laugh. After few insults, gossips and compliments, we hung up.

I strolled downstairs while reciting quick dua's under my breath. I was actually nervous, tho i didn't tell anyone but I was. Ive went out with him countless times but we've never gone out alone as an outing or something, its either he's dropping me from school or from their house when we visit.

I tried my best to look normal but i however stopped on the stairs midway when i saw yaya saad and yaya ammar discussing.

It seemed as though whatever they were discussing was serious. I tried eavesdropping but i still couldn't hear anything apart from 'if thats what you really want', so i gave up and waited for them to finish. Im still hoping yaya ammar didnt mention anything about me to him even tho he swore he didnt.

"Helloooo" I spoke making them turn to face me. Im surprised they didn't hear the sound of my heels down the stairs.

Yaya ammar hugged me and told me i look very pretty, and of course boasted about how he was the one that saved me and borrowed me some of his features.

He isnt lying tho. I and my brother are almost a carbon copy of each other. From our fair complexion which we inherited from mama thanks to her fulani gene, to our pointed nose from baba. I however got my eyes from baba, big and round, while he got his almond eyes from mama.

Yaya saad however didn't say anything. His face was void of any emotion. I hate when he does that. He just kept staring at me. I dont like people looking at me for long, it makes me feel insecure.

"Muje koh? " I nodded and he led me out to his car.

The first thing he did after we got in was to take me pictures and videos even after i kept laughing and told him to stop.

"You look very beautiful arwa. Like an arab princess."

"Innalillahi." I used my hand to cover my laugh, well my blush actually.

I smiled at him when he handed me a bouquet of blue flowers.

"Yaya saad you got me flowers? Its not my birthday yet."

He just smiled and started driving. Most of the ride to the restaurant he was on a call with a client, which i didnt mind because it gave me time to admire and video my flowers, also gave me time to admire him well. He looks too good in casual clothings, a shirt and jeans which makes me feel like ive overdressed. I noticed he got new frame of glasses too, and he got a bit darker, which absolutely suits him.

When we were about to start eating at the restaurant, he apologized for making call and not giving me his full attention. He even showed me that he switched both his phones to DND so he doesn't get distracted again. I honestly didnt mind, it was work and even if not, i was sure we'll get to talk.