. 8

SA'AD POV

I sighed as i dropped my phone on the bedside table after confirming my flight tickets.

I have a meeting schedule on the 25th of November, two days time, with the board of Corporate Affairs Commission in Lagos.

If everything goes well, ill be transferred there from the private firm i currently work. It'll be in the main branch in Abuja tho.

Where i currently work is good but not good enough. The transfer will mean more experience, which means more clients and cases, which means a probability of being promoted, which also means more pay of course. So im praying everything goes well.

Unfortunately, the meeting fell on arwa's birthday so im making it up to her today since im leaving tomorrow.

She's been really persistent to know but i still haven't told her that its a picnic. In an open garden. It is small and intimate, but  im doubting if she'll like it. Honestly, i think restaurant dates are overrated, i prefer something like the movies, or eating in the car, very simple.

Not telling her has been really hard because when arwa wants to know something, subhanallah. And saying no to her is also a huge struggle from my part so it hasn't been easy.

Arwa.

Its like my feelings are getting worse by the day. Im just falling over and over for her again. You know that feeling which you love someone so much. Everything about them. Their smile, the way they talk, how they think, their personality, literally every single thing about them. Arwa could literally be sitting, just doing nothing and i could look at her for hours and not get tired. There's something enticing about her that's always drawing me to her further. Ive never and i mean never liked anyone this way before. I've never been in a serious relationship that's why there are alot of things im yet to get used to.

I knew the sudais family since secondary school. I was a class ahead of ammar but we were still close, even more close after graduation. Then, we were so protective of arwa, overprotective you might say. Fatima didn't go to the same school so it was just arwa. And to make things worse, she was so attractive to all the boys even at a younger age, fair and literally the full package, they were just rushing anyhow. Bastards. I got very protective and even more when she got into university.

There was a particular guy that got his nose broken by me two years back. I was back from school, while she was still a fresher . He tried forcing himself on her. He wasn't able to do anything because she escaped, and she was too scared to tell anyone. She later opened up to me and oh my God. That was the day i believed a person could see red, i was beyond furious. I followed the idiot inside his father's house to his room, and beat the stupid hell out of him. I had nothing to lose because he was at fault, he admitted. Till date, she begged me not to tell anyone, but the permanent scratch she got on her elbow still ticks me off.

It was from then i got extra extra caring to her. I started spending more time with her, talking about everything. I started seeing her not as a younger sister, but as a lady. A lady i could like in that manner. It took a lot of time before i stopped denying it, even to myself but then got scared about her opinion. And well here i am, getting ready to officially ask her out today. Im not even gonna lie, im so nervous.

I took a shower and dressed in a light brown kaftan and a cap, sprayed very small perfumes because the last thing i want is her having an attack because of me. I prayed zuhr before i strolled to the main side of the house.

The first person i bumped into was Ashraf, my nephew, khadija's first son.

"Hey buddy." I picked him up carefully so his lollipop doesn't stain my clothes.