. 7

"Hi baba." I smiled as i walked into his study.

Its a Saturday morning and saying im bored will be an understatement. I already painted two portraits, cooked breakfast that we ate, read a novel, but still bored, so i decided to check up on everyone. Mama has been teasing me about sa'ad while ya ammar was asleep.

"Hi my dear." He looked up from the bunch of files on his table.

"Nothing, i just came to check on you, carry on."

He smiled and continued writing while i walked around.

The study is like a mini library for him and ya ammar, i prefer reading in my room which i rarely do while mama and reading are two opposite things.

Its dark in color, even the blinds are dark, but its very pretty. A very nice place for taking pictures because the wooden structure gives it a nice background.

I always wonder how they're able to work or read here without falling asleep.

I went over the shelf and ran my hands through the thick and definitely heavy books. Ranging from anatomy to psychology to constitutions to journals.

I moved back and sat opposite baba bringing out my phone to while away time.

After some minutes, he closed the files with a sigh before smiling at me. I also dropped my phone and smiled back.

"How have you been arwa?"

"Ive been good. How have you been baba?"

"Ive been good." That made me chuckle.

"Youve just been enjoying this break."

I chuckled and sat back properly.

"I have. Im now getting bored."

"Im going to kaduna tomorrow, but im spending just a night there. You can tag along, hassana has been eager to see you dama."

I haven't been to kaduna in so long. Almost a year now. And normally we go at least thrice a year. Some of Baba's family are there while some are in zaria.

Allah sarki aunty hassana. She's Baba's immediate younger sister and the nicest in the family. They're all nice, the problem with Baba's family is, you know that kind of family which there's always small small talks, thats exactly it.

"Of course ill follow you baba. Allah ya Kaimu." He responded with an ameen before he folded his arms with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Baba dont start, that was why i escaped from mama's place."

His laughter roared out.

"So sa'ad huh? He's a good guy. The perfect guy for you actually."

"Thank you baba." I gave him a tight lipped smiled.

"Why are you avoiding the conversation? "

I chuckled "im not avoiding it baba. Im tired of hiding my blush. Ya ammar didnt let me sleep early last night because he was teasing me, and mama has been doing the same since i woke up."

"She was teasing you? Lallai. The person almost cried because she thinks you'll soon get married and leave."

"Innalillahi mama." I chuckled and placed my head in my palms.

"Matar ka seh kai. "

"Ive heard. Nasan zan iya na aura ai"

That made me laugh. Baba is such a simp for mama.

"Do you have any place you want to go for your internship training?"

I rubbed the back of my head, i even forgot about it to be honest and i have just a semester before i start.