Ch.5: A Closer Walk With Thee

Kat was asleep next to Klaus, when Klaus woke up from the worst nightmare he could imagine, with a gasp. And that's what woke her up.

"What's wrong?" she inquired, since he looked like he'd possibly just had a nightmare of sorts. If so, she could only assume what. There was only one person she knew that could put fear in him and be a nightmare. "Bad dream?" she questioned, sitting up in bed, looking at him, although his back was turned to her.

"The worst I've had in centuries," he replied, knowing she wouldn't stop until she got answers.

"Mikael?" she questioned him.

He sat up in his bed and looked at her.

"You were always too smart for your own good, Katerina."

"If you're having dreams of Mikael, and I'm having dreams of selective others, maybe there's something more to do with this than simple dreams. I think it's time I ask around. Someone willing to actually tell the truth about the Other Side."

"And who would you call that would actually trust either of us, pray tell? If you haven't noticed, we're surrounded by enemies."

"I'll call our favorite perky blonde vampiress. She should know from Bonnie what's happening," she replied.

Despite the situation, that gave him a smile, just thinking of her.

Later that day, Kat approached where Klaus and Elijah were both at in a room. Elijah had also been having dreams about Mikael, so he was as concerned as usual when it came to Mikael.

"I spoke to Caroline. The Other Side is disintegrating. Actually, imploding, really. All of those supernatural spirits are being sucked away into nothingness."

"So you're saying that our father, faced with permanent extinction, has decided to spend his remaining time tormenting us? How delightful," Elijah replied.

"He's not the only one. At least I won't have to worry about any of my deceased enemies coming back to life," she replied.

That night, she was looking out a window, when she sensed him. Then she looked to see Elijah next to her.

"You know, if I died and someone threw a party, I'd be royally peeved off," she commented, since people had been partying over Father Kieran's death all day.

"You almost did, not long ago. In a thousand years, I can't recall when I felt so...frightened."

"I can only imagine, but it'll be over soon. With the Other Side imploding, all we need to do is wait. Astrid will never be able to hurt anyone else ever again, once the Other Side is gone for good. Along with my other enemies."

She turned around to face him, before he could decide whether to leave or not. Then, a few moments later, they began to kiss just like old times. Then, a few minutes later, they pulled away and he blurred off to stop himself from doing anything else.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to them, Mikael had found a witch to bring him back from the dead.