Ch.14: The Truth

It had been several months since Klaus had nearly killed himself, thinking it was the only way to destroy The Hollow. Now, everything was back in order. Caroline and the girls eventually returned home when the threat had ceased on them, and Kat and Klaus continued their relationship. Rebekah remained elsewhere, while Kol and Davina decided to finally leave New Orleans together, wanting to build their own life together. Elijah, however, stayed, not having anywhere else to go, as did Freya. Now that everything had worked out, and he and Katerina were as close as they could be, despite his actions being in the past, he decided to reveal the truth. Something that he should've informed her of a long time ago, but they'd been dealing with threats for so long.

It was night time, as he and Katerina sat on the couch in the parlor.

"There's something I need to tell you, luv. Something I should've told you years ago," he informed her.

She looked at him, wondering what he'd kept from her.

"What is it?"

He rested a hand on hers that she had on the couch.

"Katerina, I think it's time I told you the truth. Yes, I killed your father and left him on display for you, believing that you cared for him, but your mother wasn't there when I did so. Someone else did that. I never cared to find out who. You already hated me, so it was just easier to allow you to hate me as long as you did."

Maybe hundreds of years ago, she would've hated him for the truth, but she didn't now. She'd done questionable things herself throughout the centuries. She couldn't blame him for making her think he'd killed her mother.

"I'm glad you finally told me the truth," she replied. "I can't hate you for the past. It just would've been nice if you'd told me a long time ago. As they say though, better late than never."

She gave a smile at that.

He gave a smile, glad that she didn't hate him for keeping this from her for so long.

"Thank you for the truth," she added.

After a few moments of looking at each other, they began to make out. And so, their love story continued.