Ch.11: The Other Girl In New Orleans

It was a beautiful day in the Quarter, as Kat walked. It had been months since Mikael. After finally learning to trust Freya, Klaus saw her as his sister.

Suddenly, Kat was thrown into an alley. She hadn't expected that, since she hadn't been looking out for any danger. After all, things had been better now, in the Quarter. She didn't think she needed to look out for enemies as much as she used to need to.

The red-headed vampiress that had thrown her into an alley, grabbed her and pinned her against an alley wall.

"You know, it's not the smartest thing to pick a fight with a hybrid," Kat commented and warned her. Kat was still sensible enough not to just attack, unlike Klaus.

"I'm well-aware what you are, and I don't care," the vampiress replied. "It didn't take long for me to find everything out for myself. What Nik's been up to. And of course, Elijah. We're going to play a game."

"What kind of game? Who even are you?" Kat wanted to know.

"Aurora De Martel. I assume Nik never mentioned me? Too bad. We're playing a game anyways."

Before Kat knew it, she was inside the old vampire fight club, but it had been abandoned a long time ago.

"What are you planning?" she wanted to know. Maybe as a human or simple vampire, she would've been at least a little afraid, but not as a hybrid, despite not knowing how to even remotely be the wolf side of herself.

"Oh, don't worry. As a hybrid, I know I can't kill you, but we'll see how long it'll take for them to find you. Unless, of course, I get to Elijah first. I hear you two have quite the connection, and I need to get my revenge. Elijah compelled me when I was human. It destroyed me and Nik's happiness. I want our happiness back."

"I'm sure Elijah had a good reason to do that. As long as I've known him, he has a good reason for doing everything he does," Kat defended him.

Aurora had been heading for the front door.

"Well, this time, that won't save him. Either Elijah or I will be dead before tomorrow. But if you want to stop me, it's going to be a while. I know, even hybrids can't be in the sun without a ring." She held up the ring she'd taken from her, as she'd been blurring her here. "But you're more than welcome to turn and try and get out of here," she added with a smile, before closing and locking the door. Then chaining it up to keep her inside.

As the newbie hybrid watched her leave, she wished she would've ripped her head off when she'd seen her, but she hadn't known who she was. She still didn't know who she really was. Now, she was trapped while in her vampire form. As a wolf though, she could help. But could she control herself as one like Klaus, and could she find a way out? She hadn't turned at all after she'd been a hybrid. She'd only used her senses, speed, and strength from both species. She wasn't sure she'd even know how to be a wolf, or how to turn herself back.

It was a beautiful day, as Aurora De Martel walked into the compound. It was the afternoon now. She still had Katherine's ring in her pocket, but she also had a gun. She'd had someone steal that trinket already, and make some White Oak bullets. Now, she was more than ready to take on Elijah.

"Aurora, what are you doing here?" she heard a distance behind her.

She gave a smile at the familiar voice from her past, thinking he'd be happy to see her, even though it had been centuries since they'd seen each other last. She then turned around to see him.