Ch.10: The Long-Lost Mikaelson

It was a beautiful day. It had been about a month since Elijah had been rescued. Also, since Kat had succeeded in helping Elijah through the aftermath, as well as since Kat had helped get the wolves to allow Ansel to be their alpha. Things had gotten better since then. Kol and Davina's relationship had even blossomed more, and Kat and Klaus had gotten even closer to each other.

Kat was in the Quarter, but stopped in her tracks, seeing an old friend. She knew exactly who she was. She'd met her in a village centuries ago. Before her hatred, anger, and loss of her mother had made the vampire version of herself care little about humans. Before most of her compassion had died, because of Klaus hunting her down. She still remembered the night she met a determined and devastated powerful witch that had been heartbroken, but also a prisoner. The blonde's grief had given her compassion towards her. Once she knew who she was back then, she'd promised her that she'd help her learn their patterns to one day find them. And she had. Now that she was awake, she knew it was time that they finally knew that she was alive.

Kat approached her, which was when she stopped in her tracks.

"Katherine. It's been a long time," she greeted with a smile.

They hugged and then pulled away.

"I assume you're ready to meet your siblings?" Kat inquired.

"Yes, but what of my father?"

"Mikael is another subject for later. He's somewhere, but you'd have to track him down. First, let me introduce you to your currently living siblings. A lot has changed since we last met," Kat replied and explained to her.

"Lead the way then," Freya replied.

Kat, without hesitation, led her towards the route that led to the compound. 

Kat entered the compound with Freya, leading her to the threshold of the parlor, before Kat took a couple steps inside the parlor.

"Who, prey tell, is this?" Klaus inquired of Katerina.

"Someone from long ago," she replied to him.

"My name is Freya. I was taken a long time ago by our Aunt Dahlia."

"Impossible. That was a thousand years ago. I won't hear any fairy tales and lies," the hybrid replied.

"Whatever you think of me, know this. When I speak to you, I speak the truth. If you or anyone else have any doubts, I don't pose any threat to any of you," she informed Klaus. "I may have been taken by Dahlia, but our mother destroyed me, just as she did to all of you."

"Do not speak to me like we are familiars. We know nothing of you," Klaus replied.

Freya stood not far from both Klaus and Elijah. Then used magic to show a memory to them both.

*Memory*

It was a cold, winter evening. It was snowing, but not dark yet. Esther's sister grabbed little Freya, picking her up, as Esther begged her, saying, "No, sister! Please! I cannot give up my child!"

"Mommy!" Freya yelled.

Dahlia walked away with a screaming little Freya.

*End of Memory*