Chapter 2: 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰𝒔 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑺𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒕-𝑷𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆

Meanwhile in a conference room, Sev was waiting for Lucifer to arrive for their meeting. "What's taking that grandpa so long?" he grumbled. Suddenly he heard the door open. He looked to see his sister. He growled. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to tell you something," said Helsa.

"Well make it quick, me and the head honcho got a meeting to get to, as soon as he gets here that is."

"So, you know her friend Alastor right?" Sev's eyes shot open at the sound of that name. Alastor. How he just loathed him. At first he thought he wasn't a problem, but when he saw him with Charlie, he knew he had a rivalry on his hands. He slammed his fist on the table.

"What about that radio freak?" Sev said in a dark tone.

"Saw him with Charlie."

"What were they doing? Did he make any moves?" asked Sev, demanding to know.

"Well he did put his arm around her and called her cute." Sev was really angry now.

"That fucking radio bastard," he grumbled. "Trying to steal the key to my throne, huh Radio Demon? I'll have to keep a close eye on him."

"Ah Sevanthian, sorry for the wait. I was torturing some of the prisoners," said Lucifer walking into the conference room. "Shall we start?" he asked sitting down at the table. Sev sighed.

"Yes, let's start."

Meanwhile in Charlie's room, Charlie and Alastor were making plans for the hotel. "...and then we can put a big sign with lights on the front!" said Charlie excitedly.

"Yes, and in big, brod letters it will read "HAZBIN HOTEL"! Ah, I can see it now," said Alastor. Suddenly, they both heard a soft buzzing. Charlie looked at her pants pocket to see that her phone was buzzing. She took it out of her pocket to see that Vaggie just texted her. It said, "Hey Charlie, it's been a while. I really miss you". Charlie smiled. Alastor was very confused. What was that weird device that Charlie always had with her? He had never seen anything like it before. "Pardon me for a quick second Alastor," Charlie said dismissing herself and walking off to a corner of her bedroom.

"Alright," replied Alastor. Perhaps he should ask when she's done.

"Hi Vaggie. I missed you too. It's great to talk to you again," Charlie texted.

"So what are you doing right now?" Vaggie texted.

"Working on my passion project with Alastor. He's been a big help."

"Oh Alastor huh? Tell him I said hi, will you?"

"I will."

"Well, I'll let you two get back to what you're doing. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah, later Vags." Charlie walked back over to Alastor. "Alright, now that that's over with, let's get back to work. Oh and Vaggie texted me, she told me to say hi to you for her."

"Oh that's nice, she 'texted' you on that thing?" said Alastor pointing to the phone in her hand.

"Yeah, this is a phone," said Charlie. Alastor was surprised.

"Wait a minute, that rectangular box thing is a phone?"

"Yeah, you act like you've never seen one before."

"That's because I haven't. I died back in the 30's and our phones didn't exactly look like that." Charlie then realized.

"Oh that's right, I forgot about that." Charlie then got really excited. "Gasp, that means I can teach you about modern technology! Oh, this is gonna be awesome!" she squealed. Alastor wasn't so sure about this, but it was nice to see Charlie so excited. He didn't want to spoil her fun, plus, it might be entertaining to learn about modern technology.