Chapter 12: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒍𝒍: 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

Everyone was shocked at Charlie's reply, especially her parents. Alastor, on the other hand, was thrilled! His idea had worked! Sevanthian was trying his best to hide his anger. How? How did it all go wrong? His idea was full proof! He pushed his anger aside and kept up the act. "What? But why Charlotte-"

"Don't called me Charlotte. You know I hate it," Charlie interrupted. She couldn't take it anymore, it was time to finally end this. "You wanna know why Sevanthian? Because up until now, you have been selfish, controlling and just plain mean towards me!" Charlie shouted.

"That's nonsense Charlotte, what have I ever done but love you?" Sev said, still trying to keep up the act. Charlie scoffed.

"Are you kidding? You never support me in what I believe in, you never let me make new friends, and you hit me when I don't do what you say!" Everyone started to talk amongst themselves. Helsa, who was among the crowd, started to tremble with anger. Charlie was going to expose Sev in front of everyone, and ruin their plans! This wasn't good.

"My precious Charlie," cried Lilith.

"Relax sweetie, I'm sure Sevanthian would never do anything to our daughter. It's probably just a misunderstanding," said Lucifer comforting his wife. He turned to Sevanthian. "Is this true Sevanthian? Surely it's a misunderstanding, right?" growled Lucifer. Sevanthian couldn't think of any excuses. He started to break out into a nervous sweat.

"No! Everything me and my father have worked so hard for! Gone!" thought Sevanthian. Charlie smiled and turned to Alastor. He nodded his head.

"You made the right choice kid," he said to her. Just as things were starting to turn up, Helsa suddenly blurted out something.

"Where's the proof?!" Helsa walked to the front of the crowd. "There's no proof that my brother has done those things to her. Without proof, she can't confirm anything!" Helsa said with an evil smirk. Sevanthian suddenly brightened up. Maybe there was hope for his plan after all. Demons started to question Charlie's claims. Then, Alastor's shadows suddenly appeared. He pulled Alastor's phone out of his coat pocket, and flew over to Lucifer and Lilith.

"See my dear, our daughter's probably just- huh?" Lucifer was interrupted by Alastor's shadow.

"Your highnesses, a moment of your time?" the shadow asked. Lucifer and Lilith exchanged glances.

"What is it that you want?" asked Lilith.

"Let's just say that I have the proof you need," said the shadow. While Alastor's shadow was distracting the royal family, Charlie was having some difficulty getting people to believe her.

"No, no! It's true! I have the scars to-" then she remembered. Alastor had healed all of her wounds. Other than that, she had nothing that could prove Sevanthian done the things that he did. She had nothing.

"Nothing to say huh? Then I was right, Charlie is obviously making stuff up! There's no way my brother would do this!"Helsa laughed.

"No, you're wrong!" Alastor suddenly blurted out. Everyone looked at Alastor. He covered his mouth. Why did he say that out loud? Helsa then got an idea.

"You know, if anyone were to do those things to Charlie, it would probably be that radio freak," Helsa said, passing the blame onto Alastor.

"What? Absolutely not! I would never! Where's your proof huh?!" Alastor said offended.

"Save your filthy lies freak! Plus I don't need proof, it's quite obvious really. You're the one who probably made her think it was me in the first place!" said Sevanthian going along with his sisters plan.

"Leave Alastor out of this!" yelled Charlie. "He made a promise to never hurt me!"

"Who says that wouldn't break his promise? For all we know, he probably lied. You know how he is," said Sevanthian. Everyone started to suspect Alastor.

"No! Alastor is my friend! He never laid a finger on me! Stop telling lies Sevanthian! It was you!" Charlie said, trying to defend Alastor.

"Lucifer, I think it's only fair that we punish Alastor right?" asked Sevanthian.

"ENOUGH!" Lucifer's voice boomed throughout the castle. Everyone was silent. "Alastor will not be receiving punishment, but you absolutely will!" growled Lucifer.

"What?! But she has no proof!" said Sevanthian. Alastor's shadow flew over to Sevanthian.

"Oh, I think she does," said the shadow showing him a video on Alastor's phone. It showed Sevanthian whipping Charlie with a whip until she started to bleed. Sevanthian's eyes widened.

"What?! How did you-"

"That's not all," said the shadow. It then showed a video of Charlie being healed by Alastor. Sevanthian's blood started to boil. "It seems that the evidence is clear, isn't it Sevanthian?" asked his shadow. Charlie walked over to Alastor and whispered.

"You filmed it?" asked Charlie.

"I told you I sent my shadows to look after you," Alastor said with a smirk. "I figured that my 'smartphone' would be useful eventually."

"You clever little stag," Charlie teased and laughed. "Sevanthian is fresh out of excuses now."

"So Sevanthian, what do you have to say for yourself?" Lucifer asked. Sevanthian was having an internal panic attack.

"No, no no! Our flawless plan, it fell apart! All because of that radio freak! He ruined everything! I... I... I'LL DESTROY HIM!" Sevanthian screamed in his head. He charged towards Alastor shoving Charlie out of the way. She tumbled to the floor.

"Charlie! Why you-" Alastor was interrupted with a punch to the face.

"You're gonna pay for ruining my plans, YOU FREAK!" He said in his demonic form. Just as he was about to punch him again, he was suddenly picked up and thrown to the ground. "What the?" He looked up to see a very angry Charlie in her demonic form.

"Don't touch him," she growled.