Chapter 3: 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

⚠️𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈⚠️ 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝑺𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕 S𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝑨𝒔 𝑨𝒃𝒖𝒔e. 𝑫𝒐 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑰𝑭 Y𝒐𝒖 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝑩𝒆 𝑼𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆

Charlie was dreading the thought of seeing Sevanthian, because she knew that if she and him ever had to have a 'private discussion', it would mean that she had done something to upset him. He'd come up with more rules and selfish demands to control her life with, and there had been a few times where it got... physical. She was afraid to try and leave him, or to tell anyone about it, because she feared Sevanthian might do something worse to her, or no one would believe her. The closest she ever got to telling someone was when she became good friends with Vaggie. When Sevanthian found out about their friendship though, he forbid her from seeing her again and said that if he ever saw Vaggie again, he'd hurt her severely. So for Vaggie's own safety, they secretly met up outside the castle and she decided to tell her nothing. Vaggie did learn the truth eventually on her own and promised not to tell anyone. Other than that, no one knew her secret. Sevanthian never wanted her to have friends, especially friends who were male, afraid they would try and take Charlie away from him. So he limited the people she was allowed to see to her parents, her pets Razzle and Dazzle, and his sister Helsa. If she ever tried to make any new friends, there would be consequences. 'Maybe that's why he wants to see me,' she thought. Though she really hoped that Alastor was right, that he just wanted to apologize for the fight they had earlier, but deep down she knew that wasn't the case. She went downstairs to the basement where they usually met, and as she neared the bottom of the steps, she could feel that Sevanthian was waiting for her, ready to unleash a plethora of aggravation onto her. She eventually got to the bottom of the steps to see Sevanthian waiting there with his back turned as usual. She approached him. "You wanted to see me Sev?"

"Don't Sev me Charlotte, not when you're already in dire straits," Sev retorted.

"I'm sorry," Charlie replied sadly.

"I think It's way too late to say sorry now, don't you think Charlotte?" Charlie sighed. "You know the rules I specifically asked you to obey, and you just went and threw it all out the window. Didn't you Charlotte?"

"What are you talking about?" Charlie asked, knowing that he meant her friendship with Alastor.

"You know very damn well what I'm talking about Charlotte. I'm talking about that radio freak! I know you're seeing him!" he yelled.

"Sevanthian, he's just my friend! Nothing more than that! Plus, he saved my life, don't you think you can give Alastor a chance?"

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT FREAKS NAME OUT LOUD!" Sev shouted. Charlie flinched at Sevanthian's sudden change in tone. "And if you're 'nothing more than friends', how come Helsa came to me and said that you two were flirting with each other in the hallway?"

'Helsa told him? Why that little snake!' Charlie thought angrily to herself. "We were just joking around. Maybe Helsa-"

"No more excuses Charlotte!"

"Just tell me what your new demands are," Charlie grumbled.

"Did you just give me attitude Charlotte?" Sev snapped.

"No!" Charlie quickly replied.

"Good. Now there's just one rule you have to follow Charlotte. There will be no associating whatsoever with that radio demon, and if I ever see you with him, you're going to get hurt. Understood Charlotte?"

"Understood," Charlie replied.

"Good, now let's talk about your punishment," he growled finally turning around to reveal a whip in his hands. Charlie stared horrified. It was the punishment whip. He used that whip for, you guessed it, punishing Charlie.

"Sevanthian please! I'm sorry for disobeying! Please don't hurt me again!" Sevanthian began striking Charlie with the whip repeatedly as she screamed in pain and agony. She begged and pleaded for him to stop, but he only started hitting her even more. As the beating occurred, shadow creatures appeared from the shadow of a nearby desk. They were Alastor's shadows, and they watched in shock and horror as Charlie was beaten.

"We must tell master immediately," said one of the shadows. Then the shadows disappeared behind the desk. Back upstairs Alastor was working on hotel plans in Charlie's room all by himself. He was thinking about how Charlie was doing and hoping that there wasn't another fight going on. Then, his shadows appeared. They all looked worried and concerned which was odd. Alastor had never seen them like that before. He wondered what happened.

"Greetings, why the long faces fellas?" he said whimsically trying to lighten up the mood, but they were still very upset.

"Terrible news master. About Charlie," said one of the shadows. Alastor started to feel a little concerned. Did another fight break out like last time?

"What happened?" he asked worriedly. His shadows told him everything that had happened in the basement. Alastor was left speechless. When Vaggie told him he was a horrible boyfriend, he didn't think she met a selfish monster. A loud static started to fill the air. Alastor's eyes turned to dials, his smile and horns grew larger and glowing, demonic symbols started to float around him. "I'll be right back," he growled rising up and storming out of the room. Back in the basement, Charlie was lying on the floor, her face covered with tears, scars, and blood. Marks were apparent all over her body, and she was bleeding out. Sevanthian just stood over her with the bloody whip in his hands. He lifted up her chin so Charlie could look him in the eyes.

"Never go against my orders again Charlotte." He let go of her chin and walked off. Charlie felt like she was going to pass out and then she heard someone approach her. She looked up to see Alastor.

"Alastor?" she said weakly. Alastor shushed her and picked her up.

"Don't worry Charlie, you'll be alright," he said softly. Charlie felt faint and passed out in his arms.