Chapter 1 - what awaits?

- Ramona's POV -

After packing for what seemed years, I was near the end of it. Boxes are stacked up to the ceiling all around my house, all because I was moving back to Staten Island tomorrow after 6 years of living away in Texas, because my aunt fell sick and was unable to look after herself.

After my aunt passed away last year, there wasn't much left for me here, only old memories of slaving away for my aunt, which, wasn't a bad thing, she was family after all.

I had secured a new job in Staten Island, to work in a museum, what I have always wanted to do. When I had the job offer, I was overwhelmed and couldn't say no. My phone buzzed and I checked it, it was my old best-friend Ivy, who still lived in Staten Island. When I told her I was coming back after so long, she was ecstatic and to be honest, I couldn't wait to see her after being apart for years.
The text read :
"Hay bitch, cannot wait to see you tomorrow. I'll be waiting at the airport for you, look out for me! Big hugs x"
I replied :
"Cannot wait to see you either, I got you gifts! So excited to catch up. I'll text you when I get off the plane. Love ya x"

We promised to keep contact after I left, which we did, but we was nowhere near as close as we were before I had to leave.
I slumped into my couch and turned on the TV and my stomach flipped when I saw what was on. Impractical jokers.
Before I left for Texas, me and Sal were inseparable - the "perfect couple" apparently. And not to mention the rest of the guys, who were all my very close friends. Though, because I had to move to Texas, Sal got mad, and our relationship frayed and shattered, though I promised to keep in touch with them all, it never really happened, unfortunately. I still followed them all on twitter and very very occasionally I spoke with Q, such as birthdays, but apart from that all contact had been abandoned. Ivy was also friends with all of us, but she was the only one I stayed in contact with, probably because I had known her pretty much all of my life.

I missed them all dearly and I couldn't deny it. Many times I found myself in daydreams thinking back to Sal, what we had and shared together. If things didn't become complicated I think maybe we would still be together today, and I found myself wishing that that had happened. But nether the less, 'life goes on' as they say. Without him.

I turned the channel and settled down for the night, thinking about tomorrow and what will be waiting for me in my new phase of life in Staten Island.

---- SORRY((!!!)) for the boring introductory chapter, had to get it out of the way. Please let me know if you like this, I haven't wrote much in a while so I'm abit rusty, all feedback would be appreciated. Thank you! ----