Chapter 13: Rebuke

It was well into the night, and his injuries along with his mental fatigue were starting to creep up on him. Yet the night's events weren't concluded not for him anyway, the presence of the QSU guaranteed that.

Yet, as the group got closer, Momo ran to Bakugo beating the rest to them.

"Where's Shoto?!" She asked desperately.

"He went with the helicopter along with Ochako. He'll be fine." Bakugo said.

Momo visibly relaxed. "Thank god."

By this point, the rest of the group had caught up and the general was the next to walk up to Bakugo. The two started talking about the conflict with the rest of 1A keen on the information as well. Izuku was distracted by Ahmya however, who he saw was staring at him, stone-faced.

She jerked her head to one side and separated herself from the rest of the group. Izuku stepped aside from the rest of the group and made his way over to her. He wasn't looking forward to it.

When they had gotten decently far away, she turned around to face him.

"I can't believe you were stupid enough to come here on your own." She said flatly, looking him over. Her eyes saw the bruising starting to show on his neck and narrowed.

"I had to do something! I wasn't about to just sit while Ochako was being held captive!" She shot back, his anger kindled.

"That's precisely why you should have!" She shot back, equally angry.

Izuku opened his mouth to retort but she beat him to the punch. Leaning forward she poked him in the chest.

"We were both taught that when someone you care about is in a situation like this you remove yourself from the situation! Your judgment is compromised and you risk making things worse!" She snapped.

"I COULDN'T LOSE HER!" He shouted in interruption.

"BUT YOU ALMOST GOT YOURSELF AND HER KILLED!" She shouted back.

A long silence followed the outbursts, Izuku was taking shaky breaths, each one causing his chest to ache. Ahmya was the one to break the silence.

"When my sister and her family were kidnapped by Zeus, I knew I shouldn't involve myself. So I asked YOU, to go in my place. I trusted you to get the job done, I trusted you to be able to make decisions without letting emotions jeopardize the mission." She said, her voice calmer but still icy.

Izuku looked away, he knew what she was getting at, he could feel a pit in his stomach forming.

"You didn't trust the QSU, you didn't trust the heroes, you didn't trust Bakugo, and you didn't trust me." 

"You coming here by yourself could have gotten you killed, and judging by the bruises around your neck it almost did. You didn't stop to think what kind of effect that would have had on her, on us. Worse, your reckless behavior could have gotten Uraraka killed instead." She said.

Izuku cringed at that last remark, his stomach was twisting itself into knots and he wanted to run from the conversation, but he felt rooted to the spot by Ahmya's glare.

"I... I had to do something... when I was alone... it felt like I was being eaten alive. I had nightmares. When I closed my eyes, I saw her lying on the ground, like my mother." He said quietly.

"But... You're right. I... shouldn't have come here. I... did make things worse. I should have trusted everyone. I'm sorry." he admitted.

Ahmya sighed. "Sorry won't be enough. The general isn't going to let you go, and I'm probably in a lot of trouble just for talking to you like this. I can't get you out of this." She said her icy and harsh stance from before gone and replaced with one of concern.