**Chapter 17: Sharing the Past**

*10 Hours Time Skip*

As the sun dipped below the horizon and the tranquil evening enveloped them, Zoro found himself on the rooftop, his thoughts drifting as he stared at the starlit sky. Downstairs, Sanji was busy with the dishes, a soft melody of clinking plates and running water filling the air.

Sanji finished his task and, a sense of curiosity guiding him, made his way to the rooftop. He found Zoro sitting on the roof's edge, deep in contemplation. With a gentle tone, Sanji asked, "What are you wondering about?"

Zoro turned to Sanji, his eyes reflecting a mix of uncertainty and determination. "I've been thinking about my hotel," he began, "and I've come to a decision. I don't want to run it anymore. I want to start a new life with you, and I want to open our own restaurant together."

Sanji furrowed his brow, concern in his eyes. "But if you don't want to run the hotel, who will?" he inquired.

Zoro hesitated for a moment before revealing a piece of his past. "The truth is," he admitted, "I don't actually own the hotel. My adopted father is the true owner, but he's moving to another city to open a new one. And I will hand over the Baratie to my step-sister, Perona."

Sanji was taken aback. "Wait, you have a sister?" he asked, surprise in his voice. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Zoro sighed, understanding Sanji's curiosity. "It's not something I talk about often. They're not my real family, so it didn't seem like a big deal to bring up."

Sanji nodded, accepting Zoro's decision and the revelation about his family. In turn, Zoro was eager to learn more about Sanji's past. "What about your family?" he inquired. "Tell me about them."

Sanji hesitated for a moment, the memories of his childhood resurfacing. After a deep breath, he began to share his story. "I have a sister," he revealed, "her name is Reiju. She's incredibly beautiful, just like my mom. We used to live in France when we were young, but it wasn't a happy time. My dad was abusive, an alcoholic who beat my mom relentlessly. He passed away from a kidney disease one day, and it was a relief. After that, we moved to Japan and started a new life."

As Sanji spoke, he recalled the challenges his family had faced. "My mom started working as a maid at a big mansion to provide for us. But she was wrongly accused of stealing by the other maids and got kicked out. She found a new job at a bakery, and that's where she met Zeff, the owner. They fell in love, and he treated us like his own children. They got married two years later, and we lived happily ever since."

Touched by Sanji's story, Zoro hugged him tightly, his heart brimming with love and understanding. "I didn't know you've been through so much," he said with sincerity. "I promise to treat you right. I love you, Sanji."

Sanji's eyes glistened with emotion as he held Zoro close. "I love you more, Marimo," he whispered, their hearts entwined in a bond that had overcome the challenges of their pasts.