~Prologue~

It was eerily quiet except for the loud sound of my beating heart ringing in my ears; a heart that fought hard to keep me alive. A red stream of blood flowed out of my wounds. Slashes on my thighs and arms stung like the burning fires of hell. My body felt weak. I cradled myself, wrapping my arms around my knees like a little child. My strength slowly seeped out of me. The coldness of the ground pierced into my side. Tears fell down my cheeks like rain droplets, blurring my view of the starry sky above.

The stars sparkled like diamonds in the pitch-black sky. The waning moon, shaped like a sickle, illuminated the world below. The black silhouette of trees, that surrounded me, reached out towards the sky. Their gnarled branches intertwined with one another creating an illusion of a cage. An army of grey tombstones stood together in rows, each engraved with a story of the lives of those that had once lived. It was a rather fitting place to die; in a place which was the embodiment of death itself.

A red rose lay across one of the many tombstones. Its thorns protruded from its stem. Its crimson petals were as red as the pool of blood surrounding it. On the jagged tombstone, where the rose lay, it read Kanazaki Kazuhra. Her cause of death was by a fire. I looked at my fingers that had mini cuts that had yet to heal before darkness enveloped my eyesight.