~Chapter 10~

There was a light rhythmic tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Renna in a stunning crimson cocktail dress. The dress revealed her pale shoulders that shone in the moonlight. A beautiful floral pattern made from golden thread decorated her dress. A golden belt, studded with sparkling beads, hugged her waist. The dress's long sleeves helped to hide her wounds. The dress flattered Renna's body figure and defined her curves. In addition, Renna wore a pair of dainty golden hoop earrings that complemented her dress. She neatly tied her hair into a bun and accessorised it with a glamorous golden flower clip.

I gasped from pleasant surprise. "You look gorgeous," I said sincerely. Renna blushed and avoided my burning gaze. I looked down. My clothes were a stark contrast to Renna's. Renna gave off elegance whilst my attire screamed peasant. Mud decorated my blue jeans. My black sweater was also speckled with mud like stars in the night sky.

I looked back up at Renna with a hopeful expression. It sucked that I depended heavily on Renna for basic necessities. In the future, I swore I'd return the favour as well as make enough to afford nice things for myself.

Renna stared deeply into my eyes. An amused smirk painted across her lips. Her emerald eyes sparkled with mischievousness. "You're staring at me like that because you want a change of clothes right?" Renna mused.

I nodded my head vigorously in agreement.

"Sure BUT on one condition – I help you change and doll you up" Renna smiled. "Of course, there is no need to be shy as what haven't I seen?"

I coughed. I looked back at her speechlessly. She clearly held a grudge against my remarks from earlier. I laughed uneasily and started to slowly inch away. Upon noticing me trying to run away, Renna grabbed my wrist and yanked me up.

"No escaping~ "

Under Renna's meticulous care, I was dressed in a tight mini wine-red dress that barely covered my butt. It was adorned with many red sequins. There were jewelled straps that fell from the neck's collar to the top of my arms. Renna carefully placed a white flower into my purple hair. Once she had finished accessorising me, she placed her hands on her hips and looked me up and down.

"I did a good job if I say so myself," Renna said proudly.

I felt the chilly breeze caress my exposed legs. I shivered uncontrollably. Renna had definitely  chosen the most exposed dress she owned for me out of spite. I cried silently inside. The winter cold was biting at my exposed skin.

"Renna can I have something to cover myself please?" I asked timidly.

Seeing me shudder from the cold, Renna's heart softened a little. She produced a thick cotton shawl from her ring and draped it around my shoulders. The chilly breeze caused it to flutter in the wind like a cape. She then gave me a pair of nude tights. "This should help," Renna reassured.

Sounds of boisterous laughter as well as loud chatter echoed in the distance. Renna grabbed my hand and helped guide me over to the source of the noise. I used my free hand to double check that my blindfold was on. After confirming it was, I heaved a sigh of relief.

It was extremely crowded and lively in the village square. A long table, draped in a red cloth, had been set up. Atop laid a variety of delicious foods. Their aromatic aromas mingled together as they wafted in the air. Red lanterns hung everywhere, twinkling like stars.

"Drink more pa. The beer is free tonight. We better not waste this opportunity," persuaded a man with a gruff voice. I turned around to see a middle-aged man sitting with an elderly man. The middle-aged man had his hand raised which he waved frantically. A waiter rushed over with a silver plate full of beers.