~Chapter 11~

"Yahoo, would you fine ladies like a drink?" Asked a young waiter. He had medium length hair that was neatly tied up into a short ponytail. He had shiny golden hair and his blue eyes twinkled in the firelight. He held a silver tray with one hand. On top of the tray were several mugs of beers. They were topped to the point the beer threatened to spill over the edge. The waiter passed me a beer. "What's with the glum expression lass? It's a celebration. Turn that frown upside down," he winked charmingly.

"Thanks but I don't drink," I responded lightly. I tapped Renna. After getting her attention, I passed the mug of beer to her.

"Aww thank you Kocho," Renna smiled. She chugged down the jug of beer in one go. She then wiped the froth from the sides of her mouth. "That hits the spot," Renna said happily.

Upon watching this, the waiter was speechless before chuckling. "There is plenty more of where that came from. Help yourself esteemed guest," the waiter said respectfully. He gracefully passed out mugs of beers to everyone else. When it came to Daisy's turn, she turned beet red under the waiter's stare. Linda clicked her tongue and said, "someone has a crush." Daisy elbowed Linda hard in the ribs.

"Ow!" Linda cried out pitifully. "I was only stating the truth."

"D..don't spread rumours," Daisy stuttered bashfully. She had gotten as red as a tomato and did her best to cover her face behind her mug of beer. The waiter chuckled in response, "I'm still waiting for your answer Daisy. Should I take that as a no then?"

"N..no." Daisy took several deep breathes. Drawing all her courage she belted "I like you too!"

Linda clapped happily, "finallyyy. The whole village knew both of you liked each other since you were kids."

"Wait what?" Daisy asked surprised. Her hazel eyes were bewildered.

"You were soo obvious," Linda teased. "Always rivalling the brightness of a tomato when Charles was around. How could we not know?"

Daisy fell silent and avoided everyone's gaze.

"Now now, stop teasing my girlfriend," Charles smiled like he had won the lottery. Happiness exuded from him. He sat beside Daisy and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Congratz!" Renna said heartily. "Let's toast to Kolohe's safe return and to our new couple."

After sharing a toast, Renna and I secretly escaped from the group. Daisy's and Charles's flirting was an eye sore to those who were single. It drove countless knives of jealousy into people's hearts.

"I wonder when I'll find the one for me," Renna contemplated.

"You will in time. You're a lovely girl," I said reassuring. Yet, when I imagined Renna with someone else, it made my heart feel uncomfortably tight.

Renna held tightly onto my hand as we meandered our way across the dense crowd of people. A magical melody filled the night air. I turned my head to see a group of musicians. The drums seemed to match the tempo of a beating heart. The emotion behind each note of the Guzheng told an alluring story. Two beautiful dancers, dressed in a red belly dance costume, were dancing to the beat of the music. Their movements were swift and elegant, causing people who watched them to fall into a trance.

A loud boisterous voice yelled over the music,"heroes, are you in your fortune?" Renna and I turned around to see a middle aged man wave at us from behind a stall. Mini red lantern decorations lined the frame and a large wooden sign was set up beside the stall. It read 'fortune cookies'. Upon hearing the loud yell, several people looked at the storekeeper with annoyance. The stall had zero custimers which was a stark contrast to the other bustling stalls.