━━━━━━ (𝑡𝑤𝑜)

Soon, the news of Harry becoming part of the Quidditch team spread through the school. Ivy saw how Draco became triggered by the news.

In the weeks that followed, Ivy's friendship with Theodore, Draco, and Daphne continued to grow stronger. Together, they navigated the intricacies of Slytherin house, shared stories of their families, and explored the magical wonders of Hogwarts.

However, when Ivy wasn't with her Slytherin classmates, she was with a certain Gryffindor whom she'd met on the train, and Ivy clearly wasn't the only one who felt strongly about their friendship, since, one night, Ivy and Hermione were sitting side by side in the library, their heads bowed over a pile of old herbology books they had found in the hidden corner of the library. And that day, Hermione confessed to Ivy what the trio had found on the third floor. 

On the Halloween morning, Ivy woke to the delicious smell of baking pumpkin wafting through the corridors.

Flitwick announced to the students that he thought they were ready to start making objects fly. The teacher put the class in pairs for practice. Ivy's partner was Pansy Parkinson, which she didn't really bother about, they knew each other obviously since they had mutual friends and Pansy was second only losing to Ivy in popularity in Slytherin, but they never spoke much, especially when alone.
Ivy wanted to stay with Granger, but Ronald Weasley was the one who was put to work with her. And it was hard to tell if it was Ron or Hermione who were more annoyed by it.

- Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practising! - squeaked Professor Flitwick, perched on top of his pile of books as usual. - Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick.

It wasn't that hard. Ivy had recently discovered that Charms was a class she excelled in. It just was easy for her, like potions.

Ron, seated next to Hermione at the next table, wasn't having much that more luck.

- Wingardium Leviosa! - he shouted, waving his long arms like a windmill.

- You're saying it wrong. - Hermione snaped - It's Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the 'gar' nice and long.

- You do it, then, if you're so clever. - Ron snarled.

- Wingardium Leviosa!

Their feather rose off the desk and hovered about four feet above their heads.

- Oh, well done! - said Professor Flitwick, clapping. - Everyone see here, Miss Granger's done it!

Hermione didn't turn up for the next class and wasn't seen all afternoon. Ivy was worried, but Dapne was keeping her busy all day, so she didn't had the time to go look for Hermione, however when she entered the Great hall, the Halloween decorations put Hermione out of her mind.

A thousand live bats fluttered from the walls and ceiling, while a thousand more swooped over the tables in low black clouds, making the candles in the pumpkins stutter. The feast appeared suddenly on the golden plates, as it had at the start-of-term banquet.

Ivy was trying to shove a baked potato down Theodore throat when Professor Quirrell came sprinting into the hall, his turban askew and terror on his face.

- Troll... in the dungeons... thought you ought to know.

He then sank to the floor in a dead faint.

There was an uproar. It took several purple firecrackers exploding from the end of Professor Dumbledore's wand to bring silence.

- Prefects. Lead your Houses back to the dormitories immediately!

As Ivy went her way to the dungeons, she saw Weasley and Potter run in a different direction of where the Gryffindor common room was.