━━━━━━ (𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒)

- Cedric talks about you all the time. - Ivy told Cho

In the corridors of Hogwarts, Ivy was deep in an conversation with Cho Chang. The two had recently become friends after Ivy approached the girl a few days after her conversation with her brother.

- Come on.

- It's funny, really. He's sad that you're still ignoring him.

- Well, he made the bed himself.

A boy passed by, giving Ivy a wink that left her feeling uncomfortable. Cho, immediatly noticed the shift in Ivy's demeanour.

- Are you ok, Ivy? - Cho asked, concern colouring her tone.

- It's just... - Ivy sighed, her frustration evident. - I don't know, Cho. Last year, out of nowhere, the boys started paying attention to me and getting closer, and now it's almost a daily thing. They don't respect my personal space, and it's getting boring.

- I get it. It's frustrating when people don't see they are making others feel uncumfortable.

- Exactly! I miss the days when I could just roam around Hogwarts without feeling like I'm being watched or constantly approached by guys who think they're entitled to my attention.

- You know, maybe you should start dating. It might discourage them.

- As tempting as that sounds, I'm not interested in dating right now. None of the boys seem to catch my attention anyway.

Ivy's thoughts lingered on a certain someone she would never admit—Harry Potter. But he was her best friend, and she didnt want to ruin their friendship by admiting her little silly crush.

Cho, however, had an idea.

- I know just the person you'd get along with. A Ravenclaw, a year older. He's smart, funny, and respects personal boundaries.

- You think so? - Ivy, intrigued, raised an eyebrow

- Absolutely! I'll set you two up on the next Hogsmeade day. Trust me, you'll thank me later. - Cho said nodding enthusiastically

- Alright, let's see if your matchmaking skills are as good as you claim. - although uncertain, Ivy decided to humour Cho. 

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

In the dimly lit Slytherin common room, Professor Snape, with his trademark stern expression, addressed the assembled students about the upcoming Yule Ball.

- Attention... - Snape's voice cut through the quiet murmurs of the students. - As you are well aware, the Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve, we and our guests will gather in the Great Hall for a... dance.

He paused, allowing the weight of the announcement to settle among the students. Slytherins exchanged glances, a mixture of curiosity and anticipation in the air.

- The Yule Ball is a formal event. - Snape continued - And it is expected that you conduct yourselves with the utmost decorum. Partners will be chosen, and I trust that you will make wise decisions that reflect positively on our house.

A low murmur of conversations erupted as Slytherins began discussing potential dance partners and the social intricacies of the event.

- Remember. - Snape added with a hint of severity - Your behaviour at the Yule Ball will be a reflection of Slytherin House. Make certain it is a favourable one.

With that, Snape concluded his announcement, leaving Slytherins to contemplate the approaching event. The common room buzzed with anticipation, and as the news of the Yule Ball settled, the air became charged with the promise of an evening filled with enchantment and perhaps a touch of Slytherin sophistication.