━━━━━━ (𝑡𝑒𝑛)

The train back to Hogwarts was filling up quickly. Stories of his peers' summer holidays flow obstreperously through the air as Harry's gaze repeatedly darted toward the compartment door, anticipation written on his face.

- Harry, mate, sorry to tell you, but if you stare at the door any longer, it's going to start feeling uncomfortable. - Ron remarked, a mischievous grin on his face. - She'll be here.

He doesn't bother denying it, well aware he's been staring daggers at the door since he stepped foot off platform 9¾.

- I'm just looking forward to seeing Ivy again.

- Leave him be, Ron. He misses her. - Hermione interjects

- Honestly, Harry, you and Ivy barely spoke during the summer. What's got you so excited?

- I know, it's just... Hogwarts feels different when she's around.

- Well, I miss her too. But I think we miss her in different ways.

- At this point, I think I've just about fallen for her myself after spending the summer listening him talk about her. Do you think Ivy will send an owl today? Do you think she misses me? Maybe I should send her an owl, the last letter probably got lost, Ivy this, Ivy that...

- Ok, Ron, it's enough, I understand. - Harry stops him from rambling

- By the way, speaking of Ivy, did you know she spent a lot of time with Fred and George during the summer? Out of nowhere, too.

Harry's curiosity piqued.

- Fred and George? That's unusual.

Before Ron could offer a speculative response, the compartment door slid open, revealing Ivy accompanied by Theodore Nott. The atmosphere shifted as Theodore's expression tightened slightly when Ivy moved to join the Trio.

Harry can't help but stare. She's got even prettier over the summer, somehow. Her chestnut-brown hair, still styled in a bob cut, has grown slightly longer, now reaching the tops of her shoulders and signature bangs still fall in a neat, straight line just above her eyebrows.

- Hey, everyone! - Ivy greeted them with a warm smile. 

- I was wondering when you'd show up. How was your summer? - Harry grinned

- Oh, you know, the usual.

Theodore, standing by the door, seemed less than pleased as Ivy excused herself to spend time with the Trio. There was a subtle tension in the air as the duo separated.

- Why weren't you at the Quidditch World Cup? I thought you'd be there with your family, - Harry inquired.

- Oh, I was there. Just not with my family. - she chuckled

- You were there? I didn't see you with Cedric and your dad. - Harry's brow furrowed

- That's because I was with Theodore and his dad.

- Wait, what? How?

- It's a long story. We even ran into Draco and his dad. The VIP section is fantastic, by the way. The view, the food, everything.

- It seems like you spent quite a bit of time with the Nott family this summer. Do you often spend your holidays with them? I remember you spending Christmas with the last year.

- Yeah, I do. They've been like a second family to me. - Ivy's expression faltered momentarily, a flicker of vulnerability in her eyes, Harry was the only one who noticed

- It's interesting how close you are with them. I always thought it's weird you don't spent your holidays with your own family.

Ivy managed a small smile, masking the inner turmoil.