━━━━━━ (𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡)

- Harry, we've got to go for help... - Hermione shuddered, hearing the horrible crack that unmistakably came from Ron's leg.

- No! That thing's big enough to eat him, we haven't got time...

- Harry, she's right, we're never going to get through without help! - Ivy yelled

- We're never going to get through without help... - Another branch whipped down at them, twigs clenched like knuckles.

- If that dog can get in, we can. - Harry panted, darting here and there, trying to find a way through the vicious, swishing branches, but he couldn't get an inch nearer to the tree roots without being in range of the tree's blows.

- Oh, help, Merlin... - Hermione whispered to no one in particular, frantically trying to avoid the branches. - Please...

- Merlin's beard! You better give that fucking cat loads of snacks, Hermione! - Ivy said, touching the immobilized leaves on the tree.

- Crookshanks! - Hermione whispered, looking at the cat uncertainly. - How did he know?

Following Crookshanks, the three of them slid after each other into the gap between the roots, down a rough dirt slope to the bottom.

- Where's Ron? - Hermione whispered, her eyes darting in fear at the low tunnel.

- I think it's better to follow Crookshanks. - Ivy said

Quietly, they continued through the tunnel, and Ivy noticed a dim light through a small opening. She tightened her deadly grip on her wand. They entered a room that was dusty and disorganized, with peeling wallpaper and stains all over the creaking wooden slabs that made up the floor.

Breaking her out of her thoughts was a creak overhead, like something was moving. They all looked up at the ceiling, all nodding at each other has they crept out and up a crumbling, very dusty staircase. At the end of the staircase, there was only one door open.

- Nox. - they whispered together, and it was dark again.

The first thing Diggory noticed was Crookshanks, lying on a four-poster bed, purring loudly at. Beside him was Ron, who was clutching his broken leg on the floor.

- Where's the dog? - Ivy questioned, feeling worried and guilty. All this time she fed and cared for the dog that nearly destroyed Ron's leg

- Not a dog. - Ron moaned, barely able to get the words out as he winced in pain. - It's a trap!

- What?

- He's the dog. He's an Animagus.

Ivy whirled around as the door snapped behind them, her eyes widening in fear as she saw a man come out of the shadows. She recognized his face. How could she not? His face was sunken from years of surviving Azkaban, filthy, curly hair that was almost as long as hers, his grin showcasing his yellow teeth.

- Merlin. What did I do?

- Harry! - Hermione screamed, as the boy threw himself at Black

- Are you going to kill me, Harry? - Black whispered, laughing mockingly at the wand pointed straight at his heart.

- You killed my parents. - said Harry, his voice wavering.

- I don't deny it. - Black said quietly. - But if you knew the whole story...

- The whole story? - Harry questioned furiously. - You sold them to Voldemort. That's all I needed to know.

- You have to listen to me. - Black said, his tone almost sounding pleading. - You'll regret it if you don't... you don't understand...