IV

Distantly Grian heard his named get called by two voices, one far and one closer. He didn't know what to do but it turned out he didn't have to do anything.

Grian never hit the floor.

Something latched onto his wrist just in time, stopping him just before he could get out of reach of the platform. That something was Scott.

"Grab my hand," He said urgently. Grian felt his head jet back to reality and he quickly tried to grab Scott's other hand as his wrist slowly slipping out of Scott's grip. After a bit of struggle Grian was able to grab onto Scott's hand and Scott pulled him up so he was standing on the platform. Grian swung his leg over the railing and found himself on the solid ground. His whole body was shaking, and he couldn't hold himself up, dropping onto the ground and sitting there for a second. "Hey, are you ok?" Scott asked softly, crouching down beside the heaving blonde.

"I-.." Grian tried to catch his breath, "I- almost... Died.." He said.

"Yeah, but its ok-" Scott tried to comfort him but Grian was full of adrenaline and pure fear.

"HOW THE HELL IS THIS OKAY?!" He yelled, Scott flinched and moved back a little.

He took a breath and put his hands on Grian's shoulders to ground the shorter, "It's not ok, you didn't let me finish. You're ok, I got you, I wasn't going to let you fall." He said.

"I could have just fucking died, Scott!" Grian exclaimed.

"But you didn't," Scott rubbed his thumb over Grian's shoulder comfortingly. "You're ok," He paused thinking for a moment before pulling back and putting his arms out, "....Want a hug?"

Grian laughed softly at how awkward Scott looked as he did it, he sniffled, "Yeah.."

Scott wrapped his arms around Grian and while it was very awkward seeing as there was still lingering tension from before, also because Scott acted like nobody had hugged him in 15 years or something. When they pulled back Scott smiled awkwardly at him.

"Feeling better?" He asked.

"Yeah...." Grian responded, "Were you hugged enough as a child?" Grian joked.

"Sorry, I don't know how to comfort people," He admitted, "I'm used to being feared.." He smiled sadly as if the statement reminded him of an example.

Scott and Grian entered the tree through a small door and what they saw on the inside was insane. There was giant a white tiger head, it had a green and a blue eye, a bust mounted on the trunk's walls, and four arms emerging from its neck. They walked in and the door slammed behind them, Scott turned around and attempted to open the door again but it wouldn't budge.

"Great, we're stuck in here with that," He said with a disgusted look.

"What is it?" Grian asked, slowly moving closer.

Scott grabbed his wrist, "Don't." He said quickly, Grian paused, "We don't know if it's aggressive," He reminded in almost a whisper.

"Roxy wanted us to see this... It had to have had a reason..." The blonde said as he backed up towards Scott again.

Scott looked a little on edge at the mention of the wolf animatronic, "Maybe she just wanted to kill us?" He suggested.

"Then why did it let us escape?" Grian questioned.

Scott thought about it for a moment and then went back to the door, just then the tiger moved. Both nightguards snapped their heads to it as it moved, it looked almost like a spider. One of the arms beckoning the two closer.

"Fuck no," Scott turned around and attempted to open the door again, it again didn't budge.

Grian wandered closer, he was almost drawn to it. Focused on its big and bright eyes, he reached out to touch the arm once he got close enough only to be startled by Glitchtrap.