5ఌ

KEVIN AMAREE PEREZ THE BRONX, NYCPOV

KEVIN AMAREE PEREZ
THE BRONX, NYC
POV

"Fatboy, if you in my bed you gotta stay still" Kay groaned feeling his nephew move from his position of laying down now climbing up Kay's body, once the child was close enough he began playfully slapping Kay's cheek.

"Imma whoop yo ass bro" Kay sucked his teeth sitting up and blowing raspberries into his nephew Maison's cheek. The two continued playing games whilst being sat in Kay's bed until Kay's eyes shifted from Maison and onto Aubrey who slowly stepped into his room.

"Kaykay I'm leaving now" His younger sister spoke with a innocent smile. The child was dressed in her school uniform she did a quick spin showing him her knotless braids that had pink beads at the ends. Kay's smiled from ear to ear eyeing the 7 year old child.

"Come gimme a hug then" He spoke keeping Maison in his lap and opening his arms Aubrey strolled towards him and the two shared a warm and heartfelt hug.

"Bye chubby love you" Aubrey kissed Maison's cheek and the child tugged her hair.

"Lil boy stop" Aubrey whined stepping back.

"Pulling yo tracks out" Kay joked.

"These ain't tracks" Aubrey corrected shaking her head at Kay's stupidity. The two hugged once more before Aubrey skipped out the room as her name was called by their mother.

Kay stood up keeping Maison in his arms, this was regular routine for him looking after his nephew in the mornings. Kay's older sister Imani is a nurse who occasionally works night shifts so the family always look after Maison during the night and mornings and his mom usually comes to pick him up at midday.

Maison rested his head on Kay's chest as they entered the kitchen the man used one hand to prepare Maison's morning bottle. After the bottle was ready Kay sat on the couch with the child in his arms. Maison held the bottle in one hand and used his other hand to pat the bottom of the bottle as if it would make his milk come out the bottle faster.

Once the child was finished with his bottle Kay walked into what was once Imani's room but was now a guest room/ Maison's room sitting the child in the crib. He turned on the second monitor holding it in his hands to keep an eye on the child whilst he walked into the bathroom to run the child a bath.

2 hours later, both him and the child were both dressed and were now sat in the living room area. Kay made himself comfortable on the couch whereas Maison sat in his highchair eating the lunch Kay prepared for him.

Kay's attention was between raising Kanan and Maison who stuffed the contents of his plate into his small mouth. Feeling his phone vibrate the man pulled it from his pocket joining the active Group FaceTime.

"What y'all on?" Kay asked sitting up and putting his face in the camera.

"We chillin nigga, were yo ass been?" Dougie wondered as it had been a few days since they spoke to the man over the phone.