25ꨄ

MALAYAH SELENA KROSSEDGEWATER NJPOV

EDGEWATER NJ
POV

"Seriously Malayah. You honestly can't remember?" Her father followed after her.

"Dad I just need a moment by myself please" She spoke pacing down the hallway wiping away her tears.

"You just wasted everyone's time Lay. You told me and your mom what happened a few weeks back and now you saying you can't remember?" The older man continued following her down the hallway of the large building.

"Dad I don't remember. Can you just leave me alone I need time. If I remember I'll write out a statement and email it you. I don't need to be In a room full of lawyers it's overwhelming" Malayah stepped into the elevator pressing the buttons roughly and the doors closed before her father could step into the elevator also.

Her flow of tears increased and she quickly wiped her face away but she couldn't seem to stop crying. For the past two hours the woman was being questioned by two lawyers about what happened on the night Micah died and she insisted she couldn't remember.

Her parents had begun their own private investigation spending large amounts of money in order to try gain justice for Micah. Malayah knew without her statement this case would go nowhere but she was very conflicted because on the night when Kay and his friends came to their rescue one of the men that had initially kidnapped Micah was murdered.

Malayah didn't know who called the shot but she didn't want to get any of them in trouble since they did it protect and save her. When she told the story to her parents she left out the part that on their way out the basement shots came towards them so Kay and his homies shot back. But now with her parents pressing for her to give a statement she felt overwhelmed.

Their wouldn't be no justice for Micah without Kay and his homies going down for their own involvement to the crime. As much as Micah was her brother she felt like she owed it to Kay to not give a statement as he was only in this situation because he wanted to save her.

It was sad that the NYPD weren't bothered in moving forward with the case which resulted in Malayah's parents hiring private investigators but in a way it was good because it meant if their was no promising leads they would simply have to close the case.

Wiping her face one last time with her hands she stepped out the elevator searching the law firm for the closest bathroom. Once she found the woman's bathroom she stood in the mirror fixing herself. She spent a few minutes using spooly to fix her lashes then she applied some lotion to her face before putting the mini bottle back into her purse. She ran her hands through her hair then finally she left out the bathroom.

Walking out into the street Malayah felt at peace spring was fast approaching and the woman always felt better when it was warmer. She stood still in place whilst ordering her Uber.

After confirming her payment her Uber stated it was 9 minutes away she walked into a nicely decorated bakery ordering herself an Almond croissant thanking the workers she sat on the small round table using instagram at the same time that she ate her food.