28ꨄ

MALAYAH SELENA KROSSJERSEY CITY,NJ POV

JERSEY CITY,NJ
POV

The sound of Malayah's phone ringing made the woman fidget and move around on the bed for a few moments before finally raising her head and yawning rubbing the sleep out of her eyes she reached over grabbing her phone off the nightstand.

Hello" She tiredly mumbled into the phone.

"Hey Laylay, you just woke up? I've been trying to call you for a couple days now and you've been dodging all my calls" Her dad humorously chuckled but was being so serious.

"Yeah I just woke up, I'm sorry dad I've been abroad and I'm trying to adjust back to our time zone. I've been okay how are you how's work?" Malayah let out a series of questions.

"Hmmm, works been okay I've got some stuff to sort out in Philly so I'm taking the twins and your mom with me. I've been okay I miss you."

"Wow no invite for Laylay? I miss you too dad."

"Yup no invite for Lay and it's not intentional either it's just you never come around so we-

"You stopped adding me to your plans" She interrupted finishing his sentence for him.

"Don't take it in a bad way, it's just you said you wasn't moving in with him but you practically never spend time with us. The twins feel like they've lost two siblings" he sighed.

"The twins? Dad they spent the weekend not long ago. Just be honest and say you and mom miss me" Malayah replied with a sigh.

"Malayah since when do I have you lie you? Yes me and your mom miss you but so do the twins, I think you forgetting that they used to seeing you everyday not one weekend."

"Dad? What are getting at?" She furrowed her brows confused on where this conversation was going because what exactly does he want.

"What I'm getting at is that your putting Kevin on a pedestal and neglecting your family. We've all been trying to call you for weeks" Her father told making her face scrunch up.

"Dad your so dramatic I was in Greece for a week and didn't reach out but when I'm home I always call you and mom everyday. I'm not putting him on a pedestal at all" She justified.

"Malayah you ain't gotta come around if you don't want to but the least you can do is answer our calls. And yes you do put him on a pedestal look at the Micah situation. Your blood brothers trial is still pending and you don't give a damm. After spending time with Kay you all of a sudden can't remember what happened. You ain't a street rat Malayah it's okay to come forward with the truth. Don't let Kay influence you into not getting justice for Micah" Her father ranted sighing in the process.

"Feels like I just been hit by a bus. Is this about me not answering the phone or is this about Kevin or is it about Micah. I feel like your unloading so much on to me. Dad I'm trying my best I really am but I'm only human cut me some slack. I don't really like how you making assumptions about Kay either. If you just called to give me a lecture I'm not in the best mood right now so uno can you lay off a bit" Malayah responded still attempting to be respectful.