15ꨄ

MALAYAH SELENA KROSS EDGEWATER, NJ POV

EDGEWATER, NJ
POV

"You told me I could trust youuu, Don't lie. Cause I could really use it" Jade horribly sang along to the lyrics of Trust by Brent Faiyaz that played from Malayah's speaker.

"Girl sing. Not bop yo head I'm gon burn yo ass" Malayah joked whilst straightening Jade's hair. Jade was a friend Malayah made when she first arrived in city. Jade wanted tape ins and asked Malayah to do them. The woman had been doing her own, her mothers and other people for 3 years now she of course she agreed to do Jade's.

They were finished with the actual tape ins install so now Malayah was just straightening them. Hearing a light knock at her door Malayah paused the music telling the person behind the door to come in.

"Laylay. I can borrow you for a minute" Micah asked peeping his head into the door.

"Yeah I'm coming" Malayah replied making him shut the door. She turned off the straightener putting them down.

"I'll be back" Malayah notified Jade making the woman nod her head and pull her phone from her pocket to snap a few videos of herself.

"Wassup are you okay?" Malayah stepped out her room walking towards him. He used his fingers to usher her to come close.

"You think momma and dad gon let me move back in" He furrowed his brows. Malayah couldn't help but wonder why someone who worked in the tech industry with a great company and high paying job need to move back into his parents home.

"I'm sure they won't mind. But why?" She asked with concern in her voice.

"I lost my job" He lowered his head looking down at the ground then looking back up at Malayah. Subconsciously her mouth had fell agape from the shock of what she just heard.

"Micah. How the fu- freak you lost it" She quickly corrected not wanting to be too harsh.

"Bro, I got into a fight with one of my work colleagues" He nonchalantly told.

"A physical fight?" Malayah hoped his answer was no but the way the man ran his hand down his cheek told her everything she needed to know.

"It's a long story. Just know he deserved to get his ass beat" Micah shook his head. No matter what level he was at he would stand on his ground. Even if it meant physical altercations.

"Long story? What even happened?"

Micah sighed deeply before explaining. After listening Malayah learnt their had been hidden animosity or at least Micah felt as such. What provoked him was when this same colleague from work was snickering amongst another colleague whenever Micah would stand from his desk wanting to be the bigger person he ignored. Then Once this same Colleague brushed past Micah mumbling subtle shade whilst joining the queue for the coffee machine. Micah lost his cool.