A New Job...And A New Friend(?)

It is time for ROMANCE!

(y/n) and his Aunt are sitting on the couch together. May is reading the newspaper and (y/n) is watching TV.

Aunt May: Here's something you can take an interest in: "Photographer For Hire. Money For Pictures Of Spider-Man."

(y/n:) You're suggesting I take pictures of myself and hand them to a news company to make some extra money?

Aunt May: Mhm.

(y/n:) Sounds good. Where's the place you're talking about?

Aunt May: It's the Musutafu Morning News Headquarters.

(y/n:) That should be easy to get to. I don't even need to swing there. I could just take a bus.

Aunt May: Did you eat breakfast yet?

(y/n:) No.

Aunt May: Go get something to eat on your way over there.

(y/n:) Got it.

Timeskip brought to you by a chibi (y/n) eating a bagel. Yes, I really made one of these.

(y/n) Is sitting on a bench with a bunch of other people who are also waiting for the bus. However, there was one girl who caught his attention. She had long pink hair and a small gadget with something on top that looked like an instant camera could be mounted on. Being a huge nerd and enthusiast of technology, he walked over with the intent to ask her about what she's holding.

(y/n:) Hey there, I just wanted to ask your little thing is.

Pink Haired Girl: You're asking about my baby?

(y/n:) ...Your what?

Pink Haired Girl: My baby.

She holds up the small gadget.

(y/n:) This must mean a weird way of saying invention. She's probably as proud of them as a mother is proud of her children.

(y/n:) Uh...I guess so. What does it do?

Pink Haired Girl: It's supposed to keep cameras stable so photographers can get a clear shot! Even if they trip or are running, the camera stays level and takes a clear picture!

(y/n:) That sounds pretty cool! So, it's like a chickens head?

Pink Haired Girl: Pretty much.

(y/n:) What are ya gonna do with it?

Pink Haired Girl: I'm gonna take it to the Musutafu Morning News Headquarters.

(y/n:) What are the chances? I'm on my way there to get a job!

Pink Haired Girl: That's amazing! Maybe we could work together on some stuff!

(y/n:) That sounds like a plan!

Timeskip brought to you by a chibi (y/n) learning the Pink Haired Girls name on the bus ride.

They walk into the huge building and walk to the front desk together.

Receptionist: Hello, do you two have an appointment?

Mei: I do!

Receptionist: Name?

Mei: Mei Hatsume!

Receptionist: You can head in. Mr. Sasaki is expecting you.

Mei quickly rushes in to his office, leaving (y/n) alone with the receptionist. He looks at (y/n) and asks,

Receptionist: Are you here to accompany her, or is there anything reason?

(y/n:) Yeah, I'm here for the photographer job that was in the newspaper this morning.

The receptionist nods.

Receptionist: Please fill out this form and take a seat.

He slides a piece of paper towards (y/n,) who quickly fills it out and hands it back.

Receptionist: Take a seat, he'll call you down shortly.

(y/n) takes a seat and waits. After a couple of minutes, Mei walks out of his office with a huge smile and is no longer holding her invention. She rushes over.

(y/n:) So, what happened?

Mei: He payed for it and said he would use it!!

Receptionist: Mr. Parker, you can go in now.

He gets up and walks into his office.

(y/n:) Hello?

The wonder of the building, Seiko Sasaki, replies in a loud and rude tone.

Sasaki: Take a seat, you have one minute to explain why you're here.

He starts a timer. (y/n) panics a little, but keeps calm.

(y/n:) My name is (y/n) Parker, I'm here for the position of photographer.

Sasaki: Do you own a camera?

(y/n:) Yes, sir.

(y/n) was lying. He didn't own a camera, but he definitely had the funds after a week of working at a pizza place as a delivery boy.

Sasaki: Do you know how to take a picture?

(y/n:) Yes, sir.

Sasaki: You're hired.

(y/n) was overjoyed, but he hid it since he didn't want to look unprofessional.

(y/n:) Thank you, sir.

Sasaki: Now get out there and take pictures of the Spider-Menace.

(y/n:) Menace? Oh right, he was the guy on TV who was ranting about me.

(y/n:) Yes, sir.

He rushes out and sees that Mei is still there, looking at him with a hopeful expression.

Mei: Did you get hired?

(y/n:) I did!

Mei: Yay!

She rushes over and gives (y/n) a big hug. He blushes a little in response. She quickly notices and lets go.

Mei: Sorry, I'm just so happy for you!

(y/n:) Th-Thanks...

Mei: I wanted to ask you...could I get your phone number so we could work on a baby together?

Everyone immediately turned their heads towards them with a shocked expression.

(y/n:) OH GOD! That's gonna take some getting used to!

(y/n:) Sure...

They exchange phone numbers and walk back home.

(y/n:) That sure was something.

I've never been in a relationship nor seen how it goes, so I'm just thinking what it's like for the book. Frankly, I have gotten sadder. But I digress. I know I said the weekend chapters were going to be short, but this one is longer than the previous one. Now, it's time for the tag!

(y/n) walks home and his Aunt May is cooking dinner.

Aunt May: How did it go?

(y/n:) Pretty good. I made a new friend.

Aunt May: Really? Who?

(y/n:) Her name is-

Aunt May: HER?! YOU MET A GIRL?!

She seems pretty excited when (y/n) mentions it's a girl. And when I say "pretty," I mean she's jumping with joy.

Aunt May: I want you to tell me everything!!!