003

CHAPTER THREE
QUARTERS

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

FREYA WAS TERRIFIED OF BECOMING HER BUZZKILL SELF TONIGHT.

So much so that she didn't dare refuse any of the drinks and shots offered to her throughout the night from Liam. In fact, they both currently stood near the little desk area inside the room while Liam prepared yet another shot for the pair to take.

She felt the room spin and she stumbled forward slightly, right into Liam's chest. He wrapped one arm around her to steady her as her face met his chest. She felt a soft chuckle vibrate through his t-shirt. "Easy there, little one. You sure you can keep up?" He mumbled down to her, very well still pouring the shots with his opposite hand. "I can very well pass this over to our beloved and way too sober friend, Eve, over there."

She unraveled her arms from around him, pushing off his side to stand upward again with a giggle. "Absolutely." She slurred, pointing a finger up to his face. "Lemme tell you, padre didn't raise no bitch."

He lets out a hearty laugh at this, tossing his head back. Freya feels her head buzz with the sound, happy little zaps of electricity going off in her brain. "There's no shame in tapping out, darling. But I did tell you there was no way you'd outdrink me." Freya rolls her hazel eyes at his smug smirk, taking the shot glass from his hand.

"Shut up and take the shot." She sasses back to him.

"Yes ma'am." He raises his eyebrows and salutes her. She clicks her glass with his, tapping it to the counter and slamming it back. In her intoxicated state she doesn't feel the oceanic eyes pressed to her form from across the room. Camren's sat between Eve and Desmond as they chat music with Aron, flipping between various songs to show one another.

He feels a jealousy burn within him at the ease of which Liam is talking to her. His eyes trace over her wobbly form, up her long legs and pausing just beneath her skirt. Over the course of the night it had slowly ridden up, not enough to fully expose her but enough to give the slightest peak of her rear at the right angle. His angle.

He ran his tongue over his bottom lip, pulling it between his teeth. He was thankful her black tights were sheer, but by god did he wish she just hadn't worn them at all. He shifts in his seat slightly before he's smacked on his shoulder by Desmond.

Immediately he goes doe-eyed, whipping his head in Desmond's direction. "Wait, what?"

"I said, we're going to play quarters, are you joining?"

"Yeah," he clears his throat, standing. "Yeah, let me refill this quick."

"Grab dipshit and Freya, yeah?" Aron says. Camren nods in return. He makes his way over to where Liam and Freya are standing and talking, watching Freya smile at him when he comes into her view.

"We're playing quarters, you guys want in?"

Liam looks to Freya, "would you like to play, m'lady?"

"Yeah, I'm down." She starts to make her way over to the small table, once again almost stumbling over her own two feet. Camren wraps an arm around her waist to steady her, his grip firm on her hip. Her skin tingles with the contact and she feels her breath catch in her throat. There's worry in his eyes as he says,

"I've got you, love. You alright?" She hums, nodding in response. Her knees almost buckle at the sound of his voice calling her "love". Say it again, pleeeeaaasseee. She chants internally, but simply answers;

"Yes, thank you."

"Are you sure we're related?" Aron quips as Camren helps Freya take her seat on the ground, careful not to flash the entire room what's under her skirt. "Dad always told me all of our family could handle a fuckin' drink."

"Dad always told me awll of uh family could handle a fookin' drink." Freya mimics Aron, sticking her tongue out at him. "What is it y'all say? Oh, shove off ya prick." Aron simply laughs in response, clapping his hands together. Liam is lost in a fit of laughter and Camren is softly chuckling beside her. "How do we play this game again?" She asks.

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚

Game instructions weren't always Freya's forte. Sober or drunk, it was easy for her to get lost on something along the way. So much so that she'd accepted her fate of dying if she'd ever been placed in a Saw trap because Jigsaw would simply grow irritated from explaining the rules and just set it off without the game.

She was grateful none of the boys seemed agitated as she once again asked for clarification on the rules of quarters before they started. Her heart even grew fonder of the short blonde sat beside her carefully explaining the rules.

She probably could have gotten the rules down the second time if Camren wasn't one to talk with his hands. Each time he'd start the explanation her eyes would wander to his large hands and the way they moved with each word. She couldn't help but wonder how nice they'd feel with fingers threaded with hers or how well they'd fit around her throat and look so pretty adorned with rings.

She gave herself a pep talk before his final explanation, looking between him and the table to stay focused. Freya nodded softly as he spoke, "Okay, so, we fill the shot glass. You take the quarter in your hand, and try to bounce it off the table into the shot glass. You get one free chance to do this. You can try again if you miss the first time, or you can pass it off to the person next to you. But if you miss on that second try, you have to take the shot. If you get the quarter in on the first OR second time, you get to pick who takes the shot."

"Babe, we've played this before," Eve teased, Freya laughed with blushing cheeks.

"I don't remember! But I think I can play now."

She was determined. Determined to lose that is, she was terrible at this game. Just as she was starting to regret agreeing to play, both Camren and Liam opted in to taking her shots for her — alternating with each turn.

They'd played till the bottles were empty, and the game ended with Liam grabbing Aron up from the floor and slow dancing to a heavy guitar solo. Freya had her head lain on Eve's shoulder laughing in amusement at the antics of the drunk full grown men around her.

She'd wished so much to freeze this moment forever. Or maybe she just wished she could spend forever surrounded by this specific group of people. She'd given anything for it to be possible.

 She'd given anything for it to be possible