006

CHAPTER SIX
THAT DAMN SMIRK

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

FREYA WAS FEELING HER POOR CHOICES FROM THE PRIOR NIGHT.

But alas, like the gremlin she was destined to be, she still stayed up until 2am playing video games knowing she had to be at work by 4:30. Her blue hair was tied up in a very messy bun, her face bare of any makeup and the bags under her eyes? Might as well have been Prada branded and easily weighed four tons each.

The early morning rushes at Starbucks were no fucking joke either. People were frenzied to get their 6am coffee; and despite their own poor planning, it always seemed to be your fault that the line was long and they were running late. According to Freya and her coworkers tally, they had already had 9 temper tantrums from customers and the rush was nowhere near over yet.

Freya heaved out a heavy groan before plastering on her customer service smile and pressing the button on her earpiece to get the order from the next car. "Welcome to Starbucks! What can I get started for you?"

Her face fell upon hearing the voice on the other side, her eyes wide. Or voices rather, the car full of them. All with their thick accents, flooding her half alive brain. She presses the button on her headset, muting herself. "Robin, can you take this order?"

"Absolutely not." Her manager cut in, "Let's go, Freya."

Fuck. Reluctantly, she pushes the button on her headset.

"I'm so sorry, sir, can I have you repeat that?" She punches in their order, absolutely reeling with anxiety as they pull up to the window. "$27.86, will that be cash or card for you today?"

She keeps her gaze on the computer as long as she can but when the silence becomes far too long she chances the glance over. Three pairs of eyes were pinned to her, Aron unfazed and typing away on his phone. Camren, who's in the driver's seat clears his throat, reaching into his back pocket for his wallet.

"Uu-uh Freya, hey." He says, outstretching his arm with his card in hand. "I didn't know you worked here."

"Yes you did." Aron says from the back. Camren blushes a bright red, shooting a warning glare to the backseat.

"Tryin' to avoid us, were you?" Liam says from the backseat, a devious smirk on his face.

"N-no." It was Freya's turn to turn red, immediately averting her gaze to the register and swiping Camren's card. But only after taking off two of the four drinks, something she'd deal with later.

"Awww, so cute when she's flustered." Freya felt like she was going to combust on the spot.

"Let me go get your drinks." She spat out quickly, letting the drive thru window close behind her. She takes a deep breath adjusting her apron before making her way over to where the drinks sat. She runs a hand down her face before picking up the cardboard tray and bringing it back to the window. "Here you are boys, happy recording." She gives a closed mouth smile.

"Pick you up at 5?" Liam says, leaning between the front seats to get a better view. Freya nods, pressing the button on her headset again and beginning to take the next order. Liam sends a wink her way, "have a great shift, beautiful." He says as Camren begins to pull off.