015

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
RECONCILIATION

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

AFTER RECONCILING WITH HER DAD, FREYA TOOK THE REST OF THE DAY TO HERSELF.

Or tried to rather, but it seemed the boys had wormed their way into her brain and wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. The worst part was Freya didn't even seem to be mad about it.

The next morning she sat on her couch, blanket over her lap with Bob's Burgers playing on the television. She was hoping for it to be a distraction but it more or less came as background noise to her thoughts. She found herself twirling her phone in between two fingers, constantly glancing between the device and the tv screen. Her phone lit up once again with a new text from Liam.

BLONDIE

11:13: I know you need your time
to process but can you process
faster :( I found this neat hidden
waterfall just a little ways away and
I only want to go with you

11:15: that does sound lovely, actually

11:15: I can pick you up in an hour?

11:16: sure

Freya had typed the four letter word before she could fully process what she was doing. Her heart pressing the buttons before her mind could reason out a "no".

11:17: perfect, see you soon ;)

Freya took a moment to just stare at the messages. She'd finally decided to scroll up through the previous messages he'd sent, finally taking the time to watch all the silly little videos he'd sent. Almost every single one elicited a giggle from the girl. A couple were in reference to them being a couple - like one sharing the relationship trope of an orange cat and a raccoon with his message reading "this seems like us". Majority were funny gameplay clips from various streamers, either playing horror games or just funny dialogue moments between friends in shooter games.

Once she'd caught up on all the messages, she reluctantly pulled herself up from her couch. She made her way into her bathroom, partially dreading what she was about to face in the mirror. The circles beneath her eyes were dark, the bags under her eyes heavy from her lack of sleep. She pulled in a breath, tying her hair back into a messy bun to begin at least doing her baseline skin care.

Freya took her time, relishing in the warmth of the water over her skin and letting her fingers massage away the tension from her face. She was sluggish, her usual pep in her step to get ready for an outing was buried deep within her as she let herself wallow over the stresses she was facing.

She went for a soft makeup - just using concealer on any blemishes and discoloration on her face, curling her lashes and applying a small amount of mascara to liven up her face a bit. She made her way to her closet - she grabbed a simple long sleeved crop top, black biker shorts and tossed her favorite oversized Spiritbox tee over top. Lacing up a pair of black on black converse, she made her way into her kitchen. Just as she'd finished preparing two cups of coffee, her phone buzzed with Liam's arrival text.

She made her way out, immediately spotting the familiar black GR86 sat just by the curb. The window was rolled down to reveal Liam sat in the driver's side, a very excited but closed mouth smile on his face as he watched her approach. He was quick to jump from the driver's side and make his way to her, opening the door as he had during their first date.