012

CHAPTER TWELVE
TRUTH REVEALED

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

"WE DON'T ALWAYS FEED TO KILL.

Sometimes it's just enough to get us by. However... Some of us enjoy the process." Desmond was quick to add. The sinister smiles that crept along all of their faces made Freya's heart sink and heat pool in her stomach. As terrified as she was, she was drawn to the men before her. Like they played their own little siren song into her brain, sinking their teeth into her flesh and marking her as theirs for eternity.

"When you feed, how does that work?" Freya asked.

"Exactly as it sounds. We drink until we feel restored. We're capable of feeding on humans without killing them, we just have to feed more frequently. Just because a human is bitten doesn't mean they'll turn into a vampire, it's not that simple." Then he followed with the answer that would confirm her theory. "Sometimes we'll get by with blood bags if we have access. Like we do now."

"But, there is.. nothing.. like fresh blood," Liam closed his eyes in bliss as he deeply smelled the air around him. When they reopened, they were no longer blue, but a deep brown. Desmond reacted quickly, putting a hand in front of Liam to keep him in place. Camren put a tattooed arm across Liam's chest, staring at him in challenge when he noticed Liam's gaze set on Freya.

"Stop." Desmond commanded.

"I'm.. I'm sorry. It's still difficult. You both are so mouth watering. The scent increases when you're scared."

Desmond steamed. "Liam, shut the fuck up. Focus. That's why we're making sure they stay calm."

We're. The creatures as a collective doing their part to keep the pair of girls calm. Like a clan of sort and Desmond obviously being their coined supreme so to say. Eve seemed to be on the same page as Freya, "Are you a...?"

"We're a family."

"A coven, if you will. Not blood brothers.. but, brothers for the blood." In typical Liam fashion, trying to say something silly to lighten the mood. This, of course, pulled a chorus of reactions from the rest of them. Aron amused by the blonde and stifling laughter, Camren placing his head in his hands, shaking it and Desmond groaning at the dumb things that always seemed to flow from Liam's mouth.

"God, you are so insufferable sometimes."

"What??"

"We're having a serious discussion."

"I know!"

As Freya was piecing together the small odd behaviors in her brain, another person came to mind. She'd suddenly had some suspicions and was terrified to have them confirmed. But at the same time, she needed to know. Her hazel eyes found Aron again as she asked, "Aron, you said you had access to blood bags right now. Is that because of who I'm thinking of?"

Aron's face flushed, knowing the question was coming but dreading it all the same. "Yes."

"So he fucking knows?" His answer has reignited the flame of anger within her. Aron nodded slowly. "Is he one too?!" Her body was fighting to move forward to be face to face with her "cousin" and unleash the rage that coiled right inside her.