Chapter 3

Titans Tower | 8:34 AM

(y/n POV)

It's a bright and sunny day; a very unusual sight for someone from Gotham, but a very welcome one nonetheless. Unfortunately, the positive energy that the recent good weather had given me was being canceled out by the contagious stupidity of the clowns I had spent the past few days living with.

In fact, I'd been bombarded with the dumbest questions known to man for the entire morning. Here's a few examples for you.

"Hey y/n, what's your favorite type of door?"

"Oh y/n, have you ever been to the Florida?"

"y/n, what's your high score on Fruit Ninja?"

"What side of the bread do you put your jam on?"

I genuinely couldn't believe these people were the same age as me.

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted by Robin, who had told us all to sit on the couch and wait a couple minutes earlier.

Robin: Good morning Titans. It's a brand new week, which means more duties to be fulfilled.

I tilt my head slightly in confusion, watching Robin give some sort of keynote speech.

I lean over to Raven and whisper to her.

y/n: Does he do this every week?

Raven: Unfortunately, yes.

Robin: I've been monitoring HIVE's activity recently, and it's pretty likely that they're attempting to build some kind of super-weapon. That's probably why Gizmo was trying to acquire a power source yesterday- Yes, y/n?

y/n: Who's HIVE?

Robin: Well, uh... HIVE is the Hierarchy of International Vengeance. They have an academy that isn't far from here and I guess it's kind of like... Harvard but for aspiring villains.

y/n: Is that... a joke?

Robin is silent for a few seconds before he promptly goes back to his speech.

Robin: No. Anyway, y/n was probably able to delay the construction of this weapon further by disrupting Gizmo's efforts, but we still need to do something about it. It's vital that we shut this plan down early. A couple of us will infiltrate the academy and find out the schematics for the weapon. That way, we can destroy it if they ever try to use it.

y/n: Wouldn't it be better to just destroy HIVE before they make the weapon?

Raven: I second this plan.

Robin: What? No! We can't just go around blowing everything up!

Starfire: But exploding is the most enjoyable!

Robin: Ok, look. It's important that we do this stealthily. First, we can gather more information about HIVE in general. Second, it lets us play smart and maintain a defensive position instead of going in blindly.

Beast Boy: Ooh! Can I be the spy? I'd be so cool as a spy... The name's Boy. Beast Boy. Pew pew!

Beast boy aims and fires gun fingers at Cyborg.

Cyborg: Ahh! Curse you!

Robin: Guys, quit fooling around. And Gar, you're the last person who should be a spy.

Starfire: So who is the spy?

Robin: Well, I gave it some thought last night, and I've decided Raven and y/n would be our best options.

y/n and Raven: Me?

Raven: No way. I'm not going to school.

Robin: Come on, Raven. You're probably the least likely out of all of us to not get distracted or pressured.