Chapter 14.5 | Lunch Break

(a/n):

Just so you know: this chapter doesn't have anything to do with the main storyline; it's just a fun little experimental addition I thought I'd write. Enjoy!

Classroom | 11:45 AM

(y/n POV)

The bell finally rings to mark the end of fourth period, followed by a collective groan of relief from the class.

Professor: Ok, folks, that wraps up class for today. Don't forget to turn in those worksheets on your way out.

I do as the professor says and walk out of the classroom before stepping aside to wait for the others. I watch on boredly as a stream of students files out, earnestly discussing their dislike for Calculus-Gar was certainly no exception.

Beast Boy: I can't do this anymore, man! I remember when math used to make sense. Now it's all like: four-thousand plus x, find the area, do a backflip, like... dude! Imaginary numbers! How am I supposed to find something that doesn't exist?

y/n: Someone's not a fan of math, I see.

Beast Boy: No, I'm not a fan of Calculus. There's a difference: Math is useful; Calculus is stupid.

Cyborg: You're just mad 'cuz you're bad at it. Plus, Calculus is math, Gar.

Beast Boy: I'm 'bouta Calculus your head if you don't shut up.

I let out a quiet chuckle as we head towards the cafeteria, during which Gar picks up another rant, this time, about physics.

Having noticed that my wallet was missing, I decide to go grab it from my locker, since I vaguely remember leaving it in my bag this morning before homeroom.

y/n: Ah, shoot, I forgot my wallet. You guys go ahead; I'll catch up.

Cyborg: Alright.

I'd just parted ways with the guys when I notice Robin walk up beside me.

y/n: What's up? You're not going with them?

Robin: I had something I wanted to ask you.

y/n: ...I'm listening.

I open my locker and fumble around for a few seconds before managing to find my wallet hidden in the front pocket of my backpack.

Robin: I saw you and Raven looking at each other in Calc. Something going on that I should know about?

Robin grins and places a hand on my shoulder as I roll my eyes at the question.

y/n: It's not like that.

I slam my locker shut and spin the dial once before turning around and heading back down the crowded hallway in the direction we'd come from.

Robin: Come on. I caught you two staring on at least three separate occasions.

y/n: Yeah, sure, but nothing's "going on". I just think she's pretty.

Robin: If you say so.

Robin shrugs as we enter the cafeteria, which is already bustling with students. The midday sun's warm rays flood in from an array of glass panels that makes up one of the large walls, the various furniture scattered across the cafeteria floor glistening in the light like polished metal.

The two of us head past the lines of students waiting to buy food from the assortment of vendors to our right.

Robin: You're not buying anything?