Chapter 7

Palace of Tamaran | ?:??

(Blackfire POV)

I grin mischievously, eyeing my stupid little sister and her equally brainless friends with an air of superiority.

Blackfire: Surprised to see me, sister dear?

Starfire: I am surprised to see you... out of prison!

Blackfire: Hmph. You really thought I wouldn't break out? I'm almost offended... Anyway, I imagine you're probably wondering why I called you here. Come, let us discuss this together.

I slowly walk towards Starfire, who still looks pretty irritated to see me.

Starfire: I am not going anywhere without my friends!

Aw, how cute.

Blackfire: Whatever. They can stay... More importantly, I'm sure you're aware that I'd never need your help in fighting a war. However, there are times when even you can be useful.

She looks at me suspiciously, waiting for me to continue my explanation.

Blackfire: As you know, the Drenthax army is quite a formidable foe. That being said, the council and I have decided that the best course of action is to ratify a peace treaty between the two races.

Raven: And why should we believe that you'd ever consider the wellbeing of anyone but yourself?

I glare at the hooded girl, annoyed at her sudden interruption.

Blackfire: I don't recall asking for your input, weirdo.

Raven rolls her eyes as I turn back towards my sister again.

Blackfire: So, as I was saying, we've negotiated a peace treaty and now we just need to... make it official. You know what that means, right?

My face twists into a grin as I notice the anxious look on Starfire's face.

Robin: What does it mean, Star?

Starfire: ...It is the Tamranean custom to sanction a peace treaty by means of the marriage.

Blackfire: That's right, sister. You're getting married.

Robin: What?! Star, you can't do this, right?

Starfire: Unfortunately, Robin, I must. It is for the sake of my people.

Robin: But it's way too sudden... this is outrageous!

Blackfire: Oh, by all means, you can refuse if you'd like. Although Tamaran probably won't be here tomorrow if you do.

Robin: Why does it have to be Star?

Blackfire: What sort of question is that? She's the only Tamaranian royalty left.

Robin glares at me through his mask as I simply pretend to be taken aback by his hostility.

Blackfire: As Grand Ruler, I'm just trying to do what's best for my subjects. Surely you can understand that?

y/n: With all due respect, you're acting awfully confident for someone who's supposedly in such a dilemma.

Beast Boy: Yeah, what he said!

Intrigued by the unfamiliar voice, I approach the handsome boy to my left while eyeing him up and down. The others next to him back away slightly, clearly intimidated by my presence.

Blackfire: And who are you? ...I don't believe we've met before.

I lean forwards slightly and stare into his sharp eyes, to which he responds with a lovely round of indifference.