Chapter 5

HIVE academy | 10:53 PM

(y/n POV)

Raven and I swiftly make our way to the main elevator and force open the doors to reveal a dimly lit elevator shaft.

Robin (over comms): Are you sure you've got this?

y/n: Yeah. No sweat.

Robin: Alright. I'll be on standby if you need me.

I nod at Raven and we hop into the shaft. I free-fall for about 10 seconds before using telekinesis to slow my descent and land with a gentle thump. Raven floats down shortly after and quietly disintegrates the elevator shaft doors with her magic.

Raven: It says this place is off-limits for students, so they've gotta be hiding something here.

We exit the shaft and we're greeted with an oddly futuristic-looking corridor which extends dozens of feet to our left and right.

Raven: Hm. What do you know, they are aware that yellow isn't the only color that exists.

I tap my earpiece gently.

y/n: Hey, Robin. You getting anything?

I hear him type something and smack the enter key.

Robin: ...Hold on... Your sensors are reading crazy levels of ionic charge nearby. I'm sending you the data now.

Raven and I follow the energy signal through the empty corridors for a few minutes until we come across just another generic-looking, windowless room.

Robin: This is it, alright. Sensors are going haywire.

y/n: Looks like we need a passcode.

Raven: Can't we just destroy it?

Robin: This much concentrated energy is incredibly volatile. You don't want to risk setting it off...

I spot a panel underneath the lock system and rip it off, revealing a relay unit.

y/n: What do you suggest, Robin?

Robin: Well, looking at it from the picture you sent, it's a Wayne Enterprises Osmium mark two. Solid stuff, but if one of you puts your earpiece close enough to receive a radio signal I could probably break in.

I quickly detach my comms unit and clip it onto a wire as Robin said. A few minutes of waiting later, Robin manages to crack it and the door slides open, revealing a large room with a unit in the center. The middle console is accompanied by a glass enclosure above it, surrounded by control panels seemingly used to analyze whatever is supposed to be inside the glass.

I put the earpiece back into my ear and make sure it's connected before following Raven into the room.

Raven: Robin, there's nothing in here, it's just some control room.

Robin: That's weird... I'm still getting the same reading.

All of a sudden, a figure steps out from the shadows behind the middle console.

Brother Blood: Well, well... Weren't you informed that this area was restricted to staff members only? I thought we made it clear in the signs but it seems otherwise.

Next to me, Raven takes a defensive stance as her hands become encircled in black orbs of energy.

Raven: Well, if it wasn't obvious enough, we're not here to learn from you.

Brother Blood: I commend your efforts, child, but clearly you still need practice. You got caught, didn't you?

y/n: We know you're building a super-weapon. Care to explain that?