Chapter 12

Jump City | 10:42 AM

(Raven POV)

I'm the only one who's woken up so far. Everyone else is still passed out on the asphalt and the streets are weirdly empty all of a sudden. I slowly get to my feet as I notice y/n's eyes start to open nearby, so I head over to check up on him.

Raven: You okay? ...y/n?

No answer. It looks like he's still coming out of his trance, so I decide to wait until he's at least able to speak. I kneel down beside him and gaze at his face for a while, wondering what he must be seeing right now.

After a while, he finally sits up and rubs his neck before glancing over at me, his pupils dilating as his eyes adjust to the brightness.

Raven: Sleep well?

y/n: Ugh, my head hurts so bad... How come you look totally fine?

After being around my father and his antics for much more of my life than I'd have liked, I don't really get spooked anymore.

Raven: It's not my first time dealing with weird hallucinations. What happened to you?

y/n: Let's, uh... let's just say it wasn't pleasant.

He gets up and stretches, still looking a little shaken as I put my hood back over my head.

y/n: We should probably help the others.

Raven: ...Fine.

Once everyone else was awake, Robin had decided that the best course of action was to return to base in order to recuperate and gather more information. There had also been some debate whether Jinx should be allowed to come with us, but in the end, Robin had given up and deemed her an "honorary" Titan after some earnest convincing on Cyborg's part.

We were now once again sitting on the couch, watching Robin furiously type strings of letters and numbers into a computer as he suspiciously eyes Jinx to make sure she isn't stealing any passwords or whatever. That's just how he is.

Robin: So, did we at least manage to learn anything about this person?

Cyborg: You mean, other than the fact that she just absolutely wrecked our whole team?

Robin: Preferably.

y/n: Well, she's a psychic, that's for sure. Somehow she's able to hijack people's brains and induce hallucinations. Other than that, we don't know much.

Beast Boy: Hallucinations? I didn't see any hallucinations.

Raven: Maybe you don't have a brain to hijack.

Beast Boy: Hey, that was so uncalled for!

Robin: Guys, we need to focus.

Robin rubs his temples, clearly stressed out by the situation. He's been a little touchy since seeing Slade on his trip earlier.

Robin: This is dangerous. You all saw what happened to us out there. If we don't deal with this soon...

He's interrupted by a beep from the computer as a report flashes on screen.

Computer: Your search returned: one result.

Robin turns towards the computer and stares intensely at the text on the display, his eyes darting from left to right as he quickly skims through the file.

Starfire: What does it say?

Robin: Her name is Umbra, 26, grade-four psychic ability, broke out of JC-X a couple weeks ago... Yeah, this could be a serious problem...