Chapter 13

Titans Tower | 8:42 PM

(y/n POV)

The seven of us are huddled up together in the living room, silently watching Terra as she flops down onto the couch before dozing off almost instantly. She'd been making herself at home, and by the looks of it, she was doing a pretty good job, too.

Jinx: Well, she looks comfortable.

Robin: You could say that.

Robin glances over at the blonde girl sprawled haphazardly on the couch, wearing nothing but a white bathrobe and slippers.

Starfire: She needs a home. It is not right that she does not have one.

Beast Boy: Why not our home? She'd fit in perfectly.

Starfire: Oh, that is a wonderful idea!

Raven: I don't know. We barely know her... what do you think?

Raven crosses her arms and looks towards me expectantly, to which I respond with an amused smirk.

y/n: Since when do you care what I think?

She rolls her eyes, turning away from me to hide the flushed expression on her face.

Raven: Just answer the question, jackass.

y/n: I'm not against it. It's never a bad thing to have allies.

Cyborg: Right. She would make a good addition to the team.

Robin: Maybe.

Robin pauses for a moment to think, weighing the options in his mind.

Robin: First things first, though, we need to know what she's capable of. We'll ask her to train with us tomorrow.

10:21 AM

(Terra POV)

I stare anxiously at the obstacle course ahead of me, taking a deep breath as I feel the gazes of the Titans burning into the back of my head. I brush my hair out of my face and close my eyes, praying that I don't lose control in front of them.

Beast Boy: You can do it, Terra! Even if you can't, it's just practice! Like, if you totally screw it up... you know what, I'll shut up now.

Regardless of Beast Boy's unorthodox words of encouragement, I'm feeling a little better about everything thanks to my conversation with him last night- although I'm definitely not ready to show my weaknesses to everyone else just yet.

I glance at the group standing beside the control panel and back down at my hands, pushing away all my worries as I ball them up into fists.

I can't let them know about it.

I determinately secure my goggles over my eyes and crack my knuckles.

Robin: Countdown's started. Good luck, Terra.

The display hits zero and I quickly unearth a large boulder from beneath my feet, making it fly forwards as I tell myself repeatedly to not lose control no matter what.

A group of turrets begins firing in my direction, so I send another chunk of rock plummeting towards the ground, crushing the obstacles. I feel bad for destroying the lasers, since they look pretty expensive, but at the moment, I'm too concentrated to think much of it.

The rest of the course goes pretty much the same way; a compilation of me trying my best to not let my powers slip and destroying expensive-looking gear in the progress. I really hope they don't mind.