Chapter 2

There was a feeling. One that felt like glass. It surrounded all of them, and it went unnoticed by many. Glass could have other pieces added, and those pieces could be broken when needed but still wouldn't affect the other pieces. Each piece of glass is placed on the same metal frame forged by hands that have never been known to anyone. An iron frame, of sorts, that seems to go on forever, an end unable to be seen as more and more glass can be added, sometimes glass is removed but those who saw it knew it was there. Each piece of glass was different, each changed by those who helped place the glass. Some pieces are cared for, and cleaned regularly, and they are sparkling, some are covered in dust, and forgotten about. And in the centre of this frame, as it extends out in a circle, is a crystal sphere. The colour shift from red to purple to blue is visible from different angles of the crystal sphere, the crystal can't be changed but the frame can be. One change in the centre can be repeated elsewhere and around each piece of glass. Each piece of glass can add to its base as well but it never changes what is underneath the same iron base. There have been small scraps in the glass, things that can be easily fixed by those with the right skill set, but what happens when they can't? When all the pieces of glass start to crack, some more than others still form. They become too big, what happens then?

For the council members, it was a lull in conversation, the calm after the reveal that they just had. Then there was a feeling. One that first hit Astaria and her eyes widened. Lysabel and Gryff then felt it, they almost stumbled as the shock of the feeling was something that they hadn't felt before, it was a shock to their systems, the noise not heard allowed but still echoed around their heads, a familiar sound, but was never this powerful. Soon each council member started to feel it, more struck by the immense power of the feeling that they could stand and started to fall, some managed to catch themselves but some had their hands hit the floor as the feeling spread throughout. The sound was that of hundreds of thousands of pieces of glass starting to crack, each with its own crack playing at its own frequency. Those soundings bounced around the walls of people's heads, the sound of the cracks so strong that it felt like the very essence of oneself was cracking in a myriad of different places. Those sounds, those cracks, making their way around the location, that could be known as the crystal dome, the only piece with no cracks. Some dull edges that need to be shined, but no cracks. Each person felt it, not as strong unless they had a hand in placing the pieces of glass, but they still felt it.

"What the ⎓⚍ᓵꖌ was that!" Zyrex said, using a nearby chair to pull himself after he fell to the ground.

The admins, having a guess, pulled up their own screens. Before any of them had a chance to answer the watchers, who all didn't have a clue of what was going on, Astaria, who hadn't looked at her admin screen answered in almost a whisper-like tone, one that could still be heard by those in the room, "The servers... they're breaking,"

"What?" Gryff asked, looking towards Lysabel hoping that it would somehow make more sense to him.

"Hundreds of reports are coming in..." was all she said.

She reached up to a button in the corner and pressed a few buttons, she paused for a second, before pressing one more in the middle of her screen. Ping after ping started to sound off in rapid succession, the watchers getting the idea of just how monumental this situation was, just how broken the world around them was becoming.

"They couldn't give us one moment of peace!?!?!?!" Cirrus yelled out, which was a surprise to those closest to him.

Everyone was tired, the attacks had been one thing after another. This was worse than the fight since those on servers had previously been unaffected by the attacks on the Main World, with the exception of Hermitcraft, but now they had all been hit. They would need to move everyone to the Main World. No one was sure if there was enough room to move everyone here on a good day, let alone a day where a lot of land lay in ruins.

Then came a crash, another sound that wasn't heard with their eyes, that sent a sinking feeling inside all of them. It felt like a piece of glass that had fallen off its shelf that had met the ground and shattered. Eyes flocked towards the directions of Astaria, Lysabel and Gryff. Those three felt the effects more than the others, they had a deeper connection to the world, so they could feel it as the server's cracks splintered and as it shattered, so nothing would remain of it. Astaria was the first to fully break out of the frozen state they were in, "We need to get all admins out there now! They need to help slow down this crashing event so that everyone can get there safely, and by the looks of it, some players aren't able to leave their servers, same with admins who were on their servers when this started. Get any watchers or players that can help make places for everyone to stay and specifically get the watchers to put more protection around the Main World, we need to make sure that there won't be any cracks in the main code. If we need to we can use some of the outer islands as well to house people," Astaria yelled out, already having her admin screen out and typing an emergency broadcast out to everyone.

Lysabel then gave out assignments for the council member admins to go to, "Admins here start with the servers with high numbers, they need to be held up for longer to help them get out,"
Gryff said to the watchers, "Try and reinforce whatever you can, we need to get this stable,"

It then hit Xelqua, he needed to go check on the hermits, and they could be trapped as well. He also wanted them to be safe, he didn't want them to have to worry while they were trying to stay safe. Astaria, while finishing the broadcast message, turned to him and said, "Xelqua, go to the hermits,"

He nodded and flew towards the portal. As he made his way out he heard his communicator send out loud ringing tones, and he could hear how it echoed down below as it rang out for every citizen across the Main World and the currently crashing servers, he could hear people started panicking but also as they calmed down and started to get to work. Luckily, for him, the portal was vacant, most people weren't able to leave their servers yet and others who would have been there would have already started moving on the orders of the High Leader. Doing a look around both with his own eyes and a search of everything nearby using his watcher vision, making sure that there wasn't anyone that would be able to see where he was heading, it would be hard to explain why he was heading to a server when they were all breaking down and people were struggling to get out.

WC~ 1273 

A/N: This was a different opening than what I normally do but I found it fun to write! Sorry this was late had two exams today :') but only two left (one tmr and one next week) and then I'm free! I'm also almost done with the prequel - last chapter and editing left! - have a good whatever glowing orb is in the sky!