Chapter 20: Epilogue

It had been many months at this point, and the rebuilding of the Main World had come to an end a few weeks prior. With the help of admins summoning in blocks, watchers helping move them and players doing what they could to help they made quick work of the task ahead. If it wasn't for needing to fix all of the servers again, many without backups got lost to whatever void they fell into, and make sure all those systems were up and running with the code in tip-top shape, they would have been able to finish the project faster. They did focus on the servers as it allowed others places to stay so they were able to pack up the camps, which had to remain because of the buildings still being in ruins.

One of the parks of the Main World, one that was close to ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ was now built up as a place to remember all those who had lost their lives during the battle. Pillars of marble in different colours, red for admins, blue for players and purple for watchers, stood up proud. Engraved in the pillars were the names of many who lost their lives, whether they be a civilian who wasn't able to be saved or someone who fought until their dying breath. In the centre, there was a statue of their late High Leader. 

The statue was of her without her mask on, it was what she always wore as Astaria, not when she was in the High Leader outfit with her face covered and her robe on. They made the statue to show the true High Leader, the one underneath that, the one who had sacrificed herself to save them all. It was one of the first things built after the park was cleared, it was used as a place for people to have some peace and quiet if the memories resurfaced, as they most often did, during the building process. Even late at night, there was normally someone there, and people still had flowers for those that they lost by the pillars.

Xelqua had been busy since that battle all those months ago. He had been one of the hardest working of the council members, having many sleepless nights, and needing to be knocked out by his friends when he hadn't had enough sleep. He had also been trying his hardest to learn enderian, he wanted to be able to communicate with the race that helped them win, whom Astaria cared so deeply for and tried her best to look after them all. 

He met Oriton and Jean a couple of months before, when he met with Jean he was scared even though they had met previously, but the ancient creature was really nice about it. She offered to help him with enderian, which was barely passable but improving each day. Oriton scared him more than Jean did, he was just scary and his slightly taller nature didn't help in the slightest. Oriton turned out to be a really kind-hearted person, he also helped him with enderian and introduced him to other endermen so he could get used to listening to the different ways people spoke. Both of them shared stories of Astaria as well, he found Jean's the most interesting as he had known Astaria for a very long time.

Xelqua hadn't forgotten his promise to the watcher who saved his life. He had visited Artemis' friends a couple of days after the battle had ended after he managed to track them down. He could tell they knew what had happened before they got there, it wasn't surprising to Xelqua, that those who had survived had gone back to those closest to them as soon as they could. When he told them how Artemis said she was sorry she didn't come back he could see as it truly hit them and tears came down from their faces. 

They collapsed into each other and held each other tight. When he got there he could tell that of the seven of them they were split into two groups of four and three, and that there was tension between them. But the news of losing their friends seemed to wash that away as the two groups piled together for comfort. One of them thanked him for sharing her last words, and he left them to mourn, it wasn't his place to be with them now.

The council members had slowly adjusted to their new set-up, and the balcony up the top remained untouched by all of them. They didn't know what to do with Astaria's space so they decided to keep it as it was, after all, none of them needed to use it. Lysabel and Gryff had gotten used to leading meetings, they had to do it when they didn't know Astaria was the High Leader and they thought that she was avoiding them after the alternate reality.