Chapter 7

They were teleported into the also partially in-ruins headquarters of the council because the attack from the 800-900-year-old hadn't commenced yet. They were all taking a small amount of time to breathe, the admins had been hopping from server to server and their fingers were tired from the mass amount of typing they had to do, even if they just ended up using the same base command over and over again only changing the IGN each time. The watchers were also tired from getting everything ready and helping the people who were on the server to places where they would be able to stay until they sorted out the issue of what was happening. They have given instructions to the higher level watchers and admins and had some located in each of the camp areas that they set up, they were put in charge since the council still had to overlook everyone else, while also trying to find out exactly how every server collapsed and how they should fix it.

When Xelqua and Astaria entered the rest of the council was in shock, Xelqua still was in his powered-up form and Astaria was in her watcher-admin hybrid one. "Wait, the powered-up form isn't just limited to you?!" Blaze called out.

"No, you all are able to access it," Astaria replied.
"That makes me wonder," Via started, "Why haven't we seen any of the dead watchers and admins in powered-up forms? They are pretty powerful,"

"Power level is only one factor if you can access it, Xelqua here was able to access it because he had the three things needed to do so. Enough power, the right circumstances and permission," Astaria explained.
"Permission?" Xelqua asked, it was his time to get confused.

"Powered forms are tied in with the core of each person, and since everyone's powers originated from the same point they are all connected as well by these small threads that can not be seen. To access the powered-up form you need permission from the world around us, and in a way, it doesn't let others without asking the watcher and the admin that it deems in charge. Even with those coming back I still face both of those positions and have for a very long time," Astaria replied.

"So is there an admin one as well," Erin asked, looking at the red halo above Astaria's head.

"There is, I am getting used to using it again after I hid that part of myself pretending to be only a watcher," Astaria replied, "As much as I enjoy our chats it seems that the enemy is about to make their way in,"
With that, the council made their way outside, ready to fight those who were about to be on their doorstep.

When they made it outside they could see the ruins of the buildings around them and the empty streets that were messy, it looked like they had left in a hurry. Everyone had been evacuated and taken to safe camps, if they needed backup the armies were on standby for the admins to teleport them here in waves, but they were hoping that it wouldn't come to that. Soon the same air-chilling feeling surrounded them as a familiar red light shone brightly in front of them, and the six admins and five watchers appeared in front of them, the admins pulled out their admin screens, ready and the watchers had their hands up to cast whatever spell that they would need. "Why is one missing?" Blaze asked under his breath in a scared tone.

"They won't be a problem," Astaria said, keeping her focus on the enemies in front.

Zyrex looked towards Xelqua wanting more details, "There is a reason why I have a powered-up form now,"

"Ominous," Blaze said, then realising exactly what must have occurred.

"Let it free," Astaria whispered so only the council members could hear.

Xelqua knew what she was asking, the others did not. He could see when Lysabel and Gryff looked towards him, he could see as they understood what they needed to do. He wasn't sure what it was like for admins looking into their core but to him, it looked like they were both searching inside of themselves. He knew that they had managed to do it when a red light and a purple light came up from behind him. Gryff's watcher form looked very much like his own, he had four large wings coming from his back, a halo floating above his head and his eyes glowed purple, it was Lysabel's admin form that he thought was interesting to see. Her eyes were glowing a bright red and she had the same halo above her head, the difference was that instead of wings she had the same large admin screen as Astaria had in her fusion form, one that surrounded her. He could see her move her head to look around the admin screen. Gryff also seemed to look at what his powers had done, the purple lights flowing around his fingers as he felt the difference in his magic level.

The rest of the council looked at Gryff and Lysabel and they were all shocked, but now they knew exactly what to do and those who were not in a powered-up form closed their eyes. They looked into their cores and let their power free and the watchers got engulfed in purple light while the admins got engulfed in red light. Everyone's eyes glowed each with their respective colours, and it seemed like the watchers and admins in front of them were actually showing some fear now as their auras, the coldness that their auras sent towards them were now being pushed back by their own warmer auras. Lysabel could see as the auras of the council members merged together into a swirling purple-red light that was fighting back against the auras of the others. Xelqua knew that now they would be on a more even playing field power level-wise since before he had been hit down into the Barge he was holding his own. He also knew that since they had more numbers they were going into this battle with more power.

"Xelqua, you and I are going to help out in each battle. The rest of you go against someone and hold your own while Xelqua and I make our way around," She said.

Everyone nodded and the admins started to type with both their hands in different places and the watchers took off into the sky. Astaria and Xelqua made their way around, Astaria going to the watchers, who were able to partially defend against her magic but not her admin abilities, while Xelqua made his way around the admins who couldn't defend against his watcher abilities. He started by destroying the ones against Tory, and then Hayden followed by Erin. He then sent rapid fireballs towards the enemies facing Via and Cirrus before coming and aiding Lysabel. They were lucky that the watchers and admins didn't summon any mobs, they were probably cocky after they saw how afraid the council members were last time and didn't expect them to be able to access a higher level of magic, just as the watcher that Xelqua had fought had assumed. "You know that felt way too easy," Erin said to the other council members.

"They were cocky and with your powered-up forms your power levels were around the same, our larger number is why we won," Astaria said, "But there is only one generation left, those who came first and I doubt they will leave anything to chance. Set up a broadcast for whoever we can, I'm going to teach you some coding tips and magic tips that I also want everyone to have the chance to learn,". 

WC~ 1297

A/N: It's a week away from Christmas, depending on your timezone! I might be later posting the chapter next week because it will be Christmas for me but I'm normally late anyway. Happy Holidays!