Chapter 3

When he stepped through the portal, now in his player form, he felt the cracks already going through the world. He struggled to stay up, at least in the Main World the power of the land made it so what they did feel, which was strong enough, was at least muffled since it had to go through the Main World's code as well, here there was no buffer. Now he was directly in the code of the Hermitcraft server and he could feel how the cracks were starting to form, and he didn't know how bad it was going to feel and honestly, it was worse than what he expected, and he hadn't expected it to be nice. He wondered what it felt like for Xisuma since it was his server after all. Ahead of him, he could see in the distance that the hermits all seemed to be coming together, most of them seemed to be still trying to leave the server and Xisuma was looking at his admin screen as well, he could almost see the worry that was coming off of them as he ran over to where they were standing.

He ran over to them, "Guys, are you okay?" he yelled out to them as he got near.
"What are you doing here?" Xisuma asked, Grian could see the worry in his eyes, "You should've just stayed in the Main World. What if you get stuck here as well?"

Looking at Xisuma, Grian could also see that he was in pain. He could tell that he was trying to hide it, to be strong for the other hermits, but knowing what the pain felt like, knowing where it could be felt, he knew that Xisuma was hiding it. He probably should've pretended he as a player was back, keeping safe in the Main World and had him as a watcher come instead. That would have also meant that he would have not been able to check on them. They wouldn't be their normal selves but instead, the ones that they put on when authority comes around, and that isn't what he wanted. He wanted to make sure that they were safe.

"I couldn't just stay there knowing that you guys were stuck here," Grian said, "I saw the announcement and I knew that Hermitcraft could in trouble because of its size and how well it is known and I couldn't, and I wouldn't just stay by when you guys wouldn't even know if you would manage to make it out of here. You guys are my family and I'm not leaving you behind,"

Xisuma seemed a little lost for words after Grian finished speaking, and the rest of the hermits, who were previously all freaking out in smaller clusters, had now looked up at the two of them with looks of fear and worry, they had all known that Grian was in the Main World when this started happening and had been glad that he was safe, but also a look that showed that they understood why he had come, that they were a family. They were also thinking about how they would have done the same if they learnt that they were in a safe place but the hermits, their family, weren't. "Now Xisuma, you need to sit down because I know that the pain that you are feeling is not simply just an ache. I know that you are trying to keep a brave face but you also need to think about yourself," Grian said, as he pulled over something for him to sit on.

In a stunned sort of state, he did what Grian said to do and sat down, he did feel better after that the crack-like feeling seemed to numb down now that he was no longer standing.

"What was the situation like in the Main World," Xisuma asked, knowing that there wasn't anything he could do for the server at that point.

"The council is on it, I'm assuming one of the admins will be around soon. They're starting with servers with more people, like the public ones, and the other admins are being sent out on those where the cracking can be seen. When I left people seemed to start to get things ready for an onslaught of people that they are all redirecting there," Grian said, only realising a moment after that as a player he probably shouldn't know exactly what the council was planning to do, he just hoped that none of them picked up on that fact.

Luckily for him, it didn't look like anyone had noticed that he knew more than he should have, they just seemed glad to have any updates that they could. "For now we can only wait," Xisuma said, still typing in whatever he could to keep the server as strong as he could.

An unsettling feeling then made its way around the hermits, the feeling was mixed with the air and it sent chills down the spines of each hermit. Grian had felt this before, and that just made it worse. This feeling of power that was in the air, was lesser than when he first felt it, maybe only around 1/12 of what he felt. That didn't stop the chills from falling down his back. A cold deep purple light was above them, the hermits all looked up to see it. The purple light was coming closer and closer to them. If it wasn't for the feeling in the air the hermits might have believed it to be one of the council members, Grian would have known without the chill. As the light came to where it was just above them it stopped and the light started to fade. Within that burst of light, the hermits could see a figure with purple wings, and they could tell that they were an enemy. Grian knew they were one of the enemies from 800-900 years ago that Astaria had previously sent back.

WC~ 999

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this week's chapter!

I have finished editing the prequel it will be going up on the 21st/22nd depending on ones timezone (in two days). It is focused on my OCs and about their lives pre-council (and it is the second longest book in this series after this one) but I still hope you'll give it a read!