Chapter 18

Even though purple fires were burning around them they felt so cold inside. They knew that there would be losses but most of them never realised that the person who could lose was Astaria. She had always seemed invincible to them, someone who could never be beaten. Xelqua could feel the tears weld up beneath his eyes, and he felt them fall down his cheeks. It was still silent as the tears came down faster and faster, he couldn't tell if the others were crying or not, he guessed they might have been as they all cared for Astaria, even before they knew her as Astaria. A red light soon surrounded them, he guessed it was Lysabel or one of the other admins taking them away from the public eye. 

Through his blurry vision, he saw the familiar walls of ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ and he finally fell down to his knees. His magic seemed to feel his emotions and placed a purple barrier around him, a soundproof one just like when he met with the hermits, this was just transparent rather than opaque. He screamed out, all the pain he was feeling inside. From losing someone who felt almost like a mother to him, someone who would always be there when he needed her, but also just knowing how many people were lost. He screamed for the watcher Artemis, he wouldn't forget her name again, who died because he wasn't ready, someone who died in his arms.

He knew they would have to face everyone, make a statement about everything that had happened and tell... tell everyone exactly what happened to Astaria. But right now, Xelqua couldn't. He needed to leave as he still felt the guilt of knowing she was going to die, knowing that she knew and that he did nothing to stop it. He felt guilty even though he knew that she probably wouldn't have been able to do anything in the first place. He just needed to get away, leave, and have some time alone. He knew it would be better if he was comforted but he just needed to have that time alone. He could feel the barrier slip away and felt someone, he didn't know who was trying to comfort him, but he just couldn't right now. Using his powered-up magic, as he was still in that powered-up form, he zoomed as fast as he could, not knowing where he was going just wanting to get away. So he flew faster than he ever did before, if he hadn't blocked out all the noises he would have noticed a boom sounding out behind him.

He flew for a while before he finally stopped, not knowing where he was. He hadn't realised that he had flown so far, he wasn't used to the speed he was travelling at, he had passed any form of land, at least any that she could see. Though the more he looked around the more the area seemed familiar and he didn't know why, he also didn't know why he felt the urge to keep going. It was like something was pulling him forward, it felt like a warm hug while he was breaking down. He kept flying forward, his tears had dried up from the wind going around him while he flew. As he flew closer and closer to where he seemed to be pulled he saw land. He realised where he was, he was being pulled towards Astaria's home, the one on the outskirts of the Main World. The tears started to collect up in his eyes again thinking about how Astaria had told him to come here after the battle, that she had something there for him, and how she had mentioned what resources there were for him learning enderian. He felt a lump form in his throat that he pushed down as he saw Astaria's places come into view. He reached for the chain around his neck, he never gave the pumpkin charm to Astaria, and now he would never have the chance.

He flew inside the house and saw a single envelope among a pile of books and other things sitting on the table, no doubt what Astaria wanted Xelqua to find. He picked up the envelope first, it had its name written in galactic on it, not that she would have left anyone else a note in her secret home on the edge of the world. He opened up the envelope and took out the note inside and began to read:

Xelqua,

I'm sorry that I had to leave. I'm sure you have figured out that I knew what was going to happen for the final fight of this war we've been fighting. I've known for a long time this was going to happen, my unknown sight allowed me to see all the way until my death, which also included my death, just as I knew the rest of the council, our family, were going to be okay. I am truly sorry that I never told you as well, but I don't doubt that you would've tried to stop me. I know you and the rest of our family will manage to get through the aftermath of the battle, you are all so strong both in power and in heart. I chose you for that reason.